Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.5.0 Released!
(01-10-2023, 02:36 PM)DSMan195276 Wrote: [quote="Coolman" pid="12585" dateline="1673351382"]
for your information, version 3.5.0 of qb64pe does not compile under ubuntu 22.04. you need to install libcurl4-openssl-dev to solve the problem.

Quote:Did you use the setup script to build it? I added that package to the list of dependences, it should have installed it for you.

in fact, i use the script of the version 3.4.0 that i have modified. i have for example removed the section update dependencies installation. i have just looked at the original script. the package libcurl4-openssl-dev is indeed specified. congratulation for your work, it seems that this version fixes several bugs...
Quick question - definitely not a complaint or criticism - keep those updates coming! Big Grin

Is there a file I can move from one version to another to retain my settings? Every time a new version comes out I need to go in and select my color theme, row height, column height, preferences, etc..

Again, not a huge deal, only takes a few minutes but perhaps the same could be achieved with a simple file copy? Perhaps "Import Settings" could be added to the Options menu at some point?
internal/config.ini will have all that info for you.  Smile
(01-10-2023, 07:09 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: internal/config.ini will have all that info for you.  Smile

Awesome! Thank you.

Update: Yep, that worked perfectly.
Exclamation 
The new "HTTP(S)" functionality is under "$UNSTABLE" banner, am I wrong?

(I'm sorry, I edited away a rant. See my later post about this in this thread.)

Could I modify the "Makefile" so this "$UNSTABLE" stuff be excluded from build?
I have now discovered something that is very peculiar; maybe really a mistake. If I run the program below, i.e. press F5, then it works. But if I press F5 again, the output only appears like a flashlight, and nothing else. So, no more output.

I have now tested this with three other programs, but everything is normal there, as usual.

Well, what is go there wrong?

PS: It calculates my electricity price increase since October 2022

Code: (Select All)
$Console:Only

Option _Explicit

Dim As Double abOktVerbrauchPreis, jan2023VerbrauchPreis, bisOktVerbrauchPreis
Dim As Double alt2022Grundpreis, neuJan2023Grundpreis
Dim As Double okt2022ProzentErhoehung, jan2023ProzentErhoehung, grundpreisProzent
Dim As Double prozentualeGesamterhoehung, prozentGesamtAbOkt2022

'Grundpreis bis Ende 2022 und ab Januar 2023
alt2022Grundpreis = 7.90
neuJan2023Grundpreis = 9.90

'Alter Verbrauchspreis bis zum 1. Okt. 2022
bisOktVerbrauchPreis = 27.95

'Neuer Verbrauchspreis ab 1. Okt. 2022
abOktVerbrauchPreis = 32.25

'Verbraucherpreis ab Januar 2023
jan2023VerbrauchPreis = 40.54

Locate 2, 3
Print "Vattenfall Strompreiserhoehungen seit dem 1. Oktober 2022"
Locate 3, 3
Print "========================================================="
Locate 5, 3
Print "Erhoehung des Verbraucherpreises ab 1. Okt. 2022 pro Monat"
Locate 6, 3
Print "von 27.95 auf 32.25 Euro. Grundpreis blieb bei 7.90 Euro."

okt2022ProzentErhoehung = ((abOktVerbrauchPreis * 100) / bisOktVerbrauchPreis) - 100
Locate 8, 3
Print Using "Das entspricht einer Preiserhoehung von ##.##%"; okt2022ProzentErhoehung

Locate 11, 3
Print "Erhoehung des Verbraucherpreises ab 1. Januar 2023 pro Monat"
Locate 12, 3
Print "von 32.25 auf 40.54 Euro. Grundpreiserhoehung von 7.90 auf 9.90 Euro."

jan2023ProzentErhoehung = ((jan2023VerbrauchPreis * 100) / abOktVerbrauchPreis) - 100
Locate 14, 3
Print Using "Das entspricht einer Preiserhoehung von ##.##%"; jan2023ProzentErhoehung

grundpreisProzent = ((9.90 * 100) / 7.90) - 100
Locate 16, 3
Print Using "Beim Grundpreis entspricht dies einer Erhoehung um ##.##%"; grundpreisProzent

'Prozentuale Erhoehungen addieren
prozentualeGesamterhoehung = okt2022ProzentErhoehung + jan2023ProzentErhoehung + grundpreisProzent

Locate 18, 3
Print "Addiert man alle prozentualen Erhoehungen kommt man auf eine"
Locate 19, 3
Print Using "Erhoehung des Strompreises seit 1. Okt 2022 bis 1. Januar 2023 auf ##.##%"; prozentualeGesamterhoehung

prozentGesamtAbOkt2022 = ((jan2023VerbrauchPreis * 100) / bisOktVerbrauchPreis) - 100
Locate 22, 3
Print "Prozentuale Erhoehung des Verbraucherpreises ab 1. Oktober 2022"
Locate 23, 3
Print Using "bis 1. Januar 2023: ##.##%"; prozentGesamtAbOkt2022

'Fuer Press Key . . .
Locate 27, 0

End

[Image: QB64-3-5-Problem2023-01-10-215944.jpg]
Why are you using "LOCATE" after "$CONSOLE:ONLY"?

If the console is 25 lines, the "LOCATE 27" which is the last cursor placement makes the screen roll. Either you make the "CMD.EXE" window longer up and down, or you take away the "$CONSOLE:ONLY" and add "WIDTH 80, 30" near the top of your program or something else.

EDIT: The screenshot indicates the program is working as expected. But it might benefit from a "CLS" first of all. Trying to treat the console like "SCREEN 0" is tricky on Windows.
Information 
This comment will remain, but you are advised to go to post #76 in this same thread on the matter.

>sigh< To build QB64PE v3.5 on Gecko Linux (based on OpenSuSE "Leap") I had to exclude the "libqb_http" stuff.

First I tried to obtain the required libraries. There is no such thing as "libcurl4-devel" according to YaST and "zypper", although the regular library is there. There had been the "libcurl-devel". Tried to install "openssl-devel", version 1 and version 3, no success. Modified the Makefile to exclude HTTP(S) functionality, didn't work. Renamed "httpstub.cpp" to "http.cpp" while backing up the real source code component, more frustration. Finally I edited "libqb.cpp" and simply commented out all calls to whatever "libqb_http" functions.

It's "$UNSTABLE", right? I don't want to have to build a QB64 program on another Linux system, then bring that program over to this particular distro or any other that isn't like Arch or Debian, and it refuses to run because of one library.

This would have to be tested in "Tumbleweed", the rolling-release wing of OpenSuSE.

This is just for information. I don't expect every single Linux distro supported.
(01-11-2023, 05:00 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Why are you using "LOCATE" after "$CONSOLE:ONLY"?

If the console is 25 lines, the "LOCATE 27" which is the last cursor placement makes the screen roll. Either you make the "CMD.EXE" window longer up and down, or you take away the "$CONSOLE:ONLY" and add "WIDTH 80, 30" near the top of your program or something else.

EDIT: The screenshot indicates the program is working as expected. But it might benefit from a "CLS" first of all. Trying to treat the console like "SCREEN 0" is tricky on Windows.

No, it can not be, because under 3.4.1 it works as usual. I just tried that again. The locate in line 27 only serves to place the "Press any key ..." down a bit; I almost always do that with programs like this.

Also just tried: If I first run the program with 3.4.1 and then with 3.5.0 there are no problems, of course, because it was created with 3.4.1. If I now delete the exe file and create it again with 3.5.0, this strange behavior is there again.

If I take out the locate, it works again as usual after the second F5, then this strange behavior again. If I remove "$Console...", see screenshot.
So something goes wrong with the interaction of "$Console" and Locate on line 27, but only on 3.5.0.

Without "$Console ..."
[Image: Locatefehler2023-01-11-134646.jpg]
(01-11-2023, 12:51 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 05:00 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Why are you using "LOCATE" after "$CONSOLE:ONLY"?

No, it can not be, because under 3.4.1 it works as usual. I just tried that again. The locate in line 27 only serves to place the "Press any key ..." down a bit; I almost always do that with programs like this.

Also just tried: If I first run the program with 3.4.1 and then with 3.5.0 there are no problems, of course, because it was created with 3.4.1. If I now delete the exe file and create it again with 3.5.0, this strange behavior is there again.

If I take out the locate, it works again as usual after the second F5, then this strange behavior again. If I remove "$Console...", see screenshot.
So something goes wrong with the interaction of "$Console" and Locate on line 27, but only on 3.5.0.

Without "$Console ..."
[Image: Locatefehler2023-01-11-134646.jpg]

On my system (WIN 11) it runs without any problems.