Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What folder IDE defaults to, for opening files
Okay, I see that maybe this belonged in the general discussion area:

Is there any way to configure the IDE of v3.5.0 to open .bas files by default in the last folder you used? That, and using File Explorer, were my favorite improvements in 3.4.1.

Was there a deliberate decision to always open inside the qb64pe folder instead? I never store my programs there. Does anyone use that folder for their .bas files? Seems messy.

If there's an easy way to fix this, without having to wait for another complete version update, that would be great.
On first run, it should start in the qb64 folder, but if you open it after that, it should open from where you last used it.  

The basic logic is all in ide_methods.bas, down in Function OpenFile$ (IdeOpenFile as string).

STATIC Default_StartDir$ stores the last directory you navigated to, and starts with the QB64 folder as its default.

Just set it to what you want, and you should be good to go.  Smile

A suppose, in future releases, we can have it save that dir$ to the config file, rather than reset it to the qb64pe folder with each start-up.  That'd be an easy enough change to implement, if that's what everyone decides they want it to do for default behavior.
Steve, thing is, it worked before in 3.4.1, so that's why I don't get what changed.

I found the file ide_methods.bas. It's throwing an illegal sub/function parameter on this line:

SUB idedrawobj (o AS idedbotype, f)

That's got a red background. Is this right? Can't be right. Looks to me like ide_methods.bas is not running at all, and that's why the IDE is failing to do what it's supposed to do? Just a guess.

In fact, I looked at the other file in that folder, ide_global.bas, and it throws an error here:

'$INCLUDE:'wiki\wiki_global.bas'

Illegal string-number conversion on line 45

I double clicked as it says to do, and it takes me to this error in wiki_global.bas:

Back_Name$(1) = Back2BackName$(Back$(1))

Says something wrong at this line or after it.

Seem like fatal errors that keep these programs from running?