Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello?
This place feels quite dead this week. Is Pete back yet? Probably not. Maybe that's why it feels so empty.
Tread on those who tread on you

Well I was working on an Nonogram Puzzle Image Editor so that the puzzles create images when solved.

I have the code for game converted to M cells across x N cells down and plays fine.

Started Image Editor and there is problem: decent images tend to require more than 20 cells down which is about the max I can fit without resorting to smaller fonts which might add at most half dozen more cells down. 20 cells down already seems more like work than fun puzzle.

Never the less, this editor idea seems like a fine way to make game tiles or pixelate images either B&W or say 8 or 16 colors.

Oh hey maybe convert the thing we started with Johnno at the old forum; that was a very popular post.
b = b + ...
What thing with Johnno? I don't recall.
Tread on those who tread on you

https://qb64forum.alephc.xyz/index.php?topic=313.0
b = b + ...
(01-20-2023, 02:39 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: This place feels quite dead this week. Is Pete back yet? Probably not. Maybe that's why it feels so empty.

Speaking for myself, I've just been super busy, but been lurking here and bookmarking several intersting threads to check out for when I can get back on the QB64 horse!
Seems I spent whole morning updating my Tool box with 2 Jarvis beauties from 1-18.

I decided I'd prefer not to do the whole Image manually like done in Johnno's Sprite Editor project, but try and let AI in editor decide what is B&W.

The white lined grid is one mathematically calculated for grid with max rows of 20
b = b + ...
(01-20-2023, 04:23 PM)madscijr Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 02:39 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: This place feels quite dead this week. Is Pete back yet? Probably not. Maybe that's why it feels so empty.

Speaking for myself, I've just been super busy, but been lurking here and bookmarking several intersting threads to check out for when I can get back on the QB64 horse!

Same here, log in every day a few times to lurk and use the Wiki. I'm working on a QB64 project that is consuming a lot of my time (yeah!). I'll need to take a side step today though. One of my tutorial users informed me that the pixel perfect collision detection routines work fine in v3.4.1 but are not working v3.5.0. I'll need to dive into that to see what's going on.
(01-20-2023, 05:54 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 04:23 PM)madscijr Wrote:

Same here, log in every day a few times to lurk and use the Wiki. I'm working on a QB64 project that is consuming a lot of my time (yeah!). I'll need to take a side step today though. One of my tutorial users informed me that the pixel perfect collision detection routines work fine in v3.4.1 but are not working v3.5.0. I'll need to dive into that to see what's going on.

Kindly do, and let us know what you turn up.  If it's something that changed between 3.4.1. and 3.5, it's not anything that I'm aware of that *should* mess with your existing code.  If somethings changed, we'll need to look into it and see about sorting out exactly what the heck we messed with that would possibly affect your collision detection routines.
Dang I have to double the number of cells for more detail.

Image 2 looks more like the side of a cats head than a dolphin or porpoise.

Attached Files Image(s)

b = b + ...
(01-20-2023, 11:43 PM)bplus Wrote: Dang I have to double the number of cells for more detail.

Image 2 looks more like the side of a cats head than a dolphin or porpoise.
Gotta admit, when I first looked at the images, I couldn't work out what image 2 was, then as soon as I read your comment it jumped out at me (not literally).
They look very nice. Might have to second you to produce some sets  for my Recall game - they'd be more interesting than A, B, C, etc. I've been gathering pics for a while now, cos I'm not smart enough to create my own!  Sad
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/