Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input box got ugly
Photo 
So following recent updates of Windows, the inpubox$ command still functions but it got ugly:

[Image: image.png]

The system doesn't draw the input box neatly and it hides the values in the input box. 

Is there a way to fix this from inside a QB64 program or at a higher level in windows?  I'm not using the latest released build of QB64 has this already been addressed?
[Image: image.png]

The box looks the same to me as always.  Do you have some specific code where it looks out of whack?  Is it an issue with screen resolution or some such at work?
I have pretty much default settings for my laptop. More windows and HP fun I suppose. I had two cycles of updates go through my machine this weekend so who knows what they "fixed" for me.   I'm also seeing a powershell window open up when I run QB64 and the console output is nicer in a console app.
Okay went digging more and HP or Microsoft decided to screw up how the bios relates to screen settings somewhere. The autoscaling in display settings doesn't seem to behave like it did prior to the updates from microsoft and HP and it impacts how the dialog boxes are getting rendered. So yay,  it is my machine and OS for now and not QB64.

The fix is easy, just scale the display to 100%. which doesn't thrill my old eyes.