Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoilers
mnrv posted elsewhere about "It'd be nice if this site offered spoiler type code to hide stuff"...  (Or similar as I didn't bother to find the exact quote.  I'm lazy.)

We do!!

Show Content

Show Content

And that's basically it for the two formats our spoiler command supports.   Code to produce the above is in the code box below:

Code: (Select All)
[spoiler]This is a default spoiler[/spoiler]

[spoiler=You guys will never believe this!  ]This is a spoiler with a custom highlight title![/spoiler]

It's not part of the quick edit box buttons, but it *is* something we support.  Smile
Thank you adminstrator. Heart
(02-07-2023, 02:08 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: mnrv posted elsewhere about "It'd be nice if this site offered spoiler type code to hide stuff"...  (Or similar as I didn't bother to find the exact quote.  I'm lazy.)

We do!!

Show Content

Show Content

And that's basically it for the two formats our spoiler command supports.   Code to produce the above is in the code box below:

Code: (Select All)
[spoiler]This is a default spoiler[/spoiler]

[spoiler=You guys will never believe this!  ]This is a spoiler with a custom highlight title![/spoiler]

It's not part of the quick edit box buttons, but it *is* something we support.  Smile

Excuse the intrusion, but I'm not able to get any result from the code, except "Unexpected character on current line". Am I missing something (again)?  Huh
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
They're not QB64PE commands, Phil. They're formatting tags for the forums here, to place text in spoiler/collapsable boxes.  

Show Content
I don't see how the spoiler tag is necessary for our forum unless someone has some post about the latest movie franchise.
Tread on those who tread on you

Main use here, I would think, would be maybe to put a half dozen screenshots in, to make posts easier to navigate without scroll, scroll, scrolling so much.
What has bplus never seen before in all his years at Basic forums?
Show Content
b = b + ...
(02-07-2023, 02:35 PM)Balderdash Wrote: I don't see how the spoiler tag is necessary for our forum unless someone has some post about the latest movie franchise.

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...8#pid13258

In this post I wrote something in yellow, which might have disturbed at least one member of this forum for having some sympathies with the "official" crew. I wasn't supposed to write it without giving a disclaimer, or having a forum function that, once the reader is involved in it, the author is made less responsible for writing something he/she wasn't supposed to.

I could have started a thread in "Off Topic" forum and put that comment in there, and offered a link to that thread in place of the comment instead, but it wouldn't have been cool for those people less active in this forum. Now and then, I do write something that I don't want everybody lurking this website to see...
(02-07-2023, 10:56 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: They're not QB64PE commands, Phil. They're formatting tags for the forums here, to place text in spoiler/collapsable boxes.  

Show Content

Oh, thanks Steve. Sorry to show my ignorance again!
Ok, move on Phil, nothing to see here!   Blush
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/