Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love and War (FPS shooter and builder game in -QB64)
Hello !

I finished the game.

Builder mode

It is possible for 1 or more people to create simple structures from blocks at the same time.
The cubes can be textured in 10 different ways. You can also talk to each other while building.
There are 400 cubes available in one room. You can also create a new room.

Extreme mode

The aim of the game is to win the love of the princess. This is only possible if you are wearing the royal crown.
Gameplay : The server places the crown in one of the rooms. We need to get this as soon as possible.
In order to do this, if someone has already taken the crown, they must be shot. If we have it, we need it
to protect ourselves and find the princess as soon as possible.
Navigation (radar and compass) and narration always help us choose the right options.

The game shows the ping value. (server -> client, then client -> server travel time). This is .06s in Hungary.

Good game, I hope many of you will try the final version!

( The YouTube video is in HD, but you still have to wait for processing. )

download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qBYhISj...sp=sharing
(02-11-2023, 12:43 PM)MasterGy Wrote: Hello !

I finished the game.

Builder mode

It is possible for 1 or more people to create simple structures from blocks at the same time.
The cubes can be textured in 10 different ways. You can also talk to each other while building.
There are 400 cubes available in one room. You can also create a new room.

Extreme mode

The aim of the game is to win the love of the princess. This is only possible if you are wearing the royal crown.
Gameplay : The server places the crown in one of the rooms. We need to get this as soon as possible.
In order to do this, if someone has already taken the crown, they must be shot. If we have it, we need it
to protect ourselves and find the princess as soon as possible.
Navigation (radar and compass) and narration always help us choose the right options.

The game shows the ping value. (server -> client, then client -> server travel time). This is .06s in Hungary.

Good game, I hope many of you will try the final version!

( The YouTube video is in HD, but you still have to wait for processing. )

download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qBYhISj...sp=sharing

Hi @MasterGy

It is rather curious why 0 views is showing on this thread. I have viewed this a couple of times already.

Also what are they supposed to be building? Walls maybe? I thought it might be a game of strategy but no, later on in video they are shooting at each other. Sigh! Always the shooting.
b = b + ...
I gave the game a whirl last night. Really cool!
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Hello !

For Bplus. I also don't understand why the counter shows 0. It was like that before, but I didn't bother with it. If you look at the link, you can see that there are 0 in my other topic as well. And the number of vases is not 0.

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=45

The game can be interpreted in 2 ways. When you start it, you get a construction game by default. You can make buildings. you can texture it. house, bridge, tower, bunker, labyrinth, whatever. Under calm music, with chirping birds. You can create a new room for yourself if you want. The buildings are recorded by the server, everything remains. Then no one can shoot you. feel free to build.

But! if you select "extreme mode" with the E button, several people can fight each other based on the scenario described above. Also taking advantage of the new rooms, since the queen and the crown can be anywhere. Try it and you will see!

James, Terry! Thanks for trying it. It would be really interesting to compete with several people. I am very curious to know how much your "ping" was?
(02-14-2023, 04:00 PM)MasterGy Wrote: Hello !

For Bplus. I also don't understand why the counter shows 0. It was like that before, but I didn't bother with it. If you look at the link, you can see that there are 0 in my other topic as well. And the number of vases is not 0.

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=45

The game can be interpreted in 2 ways. When you start it, you get a construction game by default. You can make buildings. you can texture it. house, bridge, tower, bunker, labyrinth, whatever. Under calm music, with chirping birds. You can create a new room for yourself if you want. The buildings are recorded by the server, everything remains. Then no one can shoot you. feel free to build.

But! if you select "extreme mode" with the E button, several people can fight each other based on the scenario described above. Also taking advantage of the new rooms, since the queen and the crown can be anywhere. Try it and you will see!

James, Terry! Thanks for trying it. It would be really interesting to compete with several people. I am very curious to know how much your "ping" was?

My ping rate fluctuated between 22 and 33ms. Very acceptable.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Hello MasterGy, my ping is between 23.3 and 30ms
[Image: qqqqqqq.jpg]

Thanks for checking out ping. I think 20-30 ms is already too much for a shooting game. Sad

I always use an older version of QB64. I downloaded version 3.6.0 and I was surprise by its knowledge.
Now I understand why the sound of the game was not working properly based on feedback.

Those who use a newer version should change this when converting:

Can someone tell me how this new sound function works? What is he doing ?
(02-14-2023, 01:31 AM)bplus Wrote: It is rather curious why 0 views is showing on this thread. I have viewed this a couple of times already.

That's some glitch in the forum software. We did an update from version X.whatever to X.whatever+1, and it broke the view counter on a couple of the threads. A patch repaired the problem for new threads, (or at least, I'd thought it'd fixed the issue), but those posts that were created under the old glitch still seem to be glitchy. The issue is something simple. I think, such as them being indexed via a signed long counter instead of an unsigned long counter, or some such, but that tosses the minimum count to -2,000,000 instead of 0, and just goofs everything up. Rather than trying to go hunt down the issue in the database and trying to tweak with any of that stuff manually, I figure if the view count is all that's glitching, it's best to just wait and either live with the glitch or let the forum developers fix it themselves. Who knows what mayhem might be unleashed if we go in and start custom tweaking the database files, and then the forum software does another update in the future and decides it doesn't like us setting bit 12 on the 27th byte in some random file in the database...

So, my apologies on the view count issue. It's a known bug in our forums, but it's one introduced by the forum software itself, so it's one I'm hoping they'll also find and correct themselves, without us having to manually go in and tweak anything and possibly corrupt our database if we sneeze and click the wrong thing at the wrong time and click something we shouldn't. Wink
Thanks Steve I figured something like that happened.

I am not myself into this type games or 3D so I am not best judge but what I see in videos is really amazing to me. So I try to draw some attention to MasterGy's work. Smile
b = b + ...
(02-21-2023, 12:24 PM)MasterGy Wrote: [Image: qqqqqqq.jpg]

Thanks for checking out ping. I think 20-30 ms is already too much for a shooting game. Sad

I always use an older version of QB64. I downloaded version 3.6.0 and I was surprise by its knowledge.
Now I understand why the sound of the game was not working properly based on feedback.

Those who use a newer version should change this when converting:

Can someone tell me how this new sound function works? What is he doing ?

Hey @MasterGy, this is nicely done. Smile

I compiled and ran this with both the old audio backend and the new one and did not notice any issues.
What is it that you say is not working correctly with the new audio backend?