Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game cheating clone in QB64pe
Hi
what do you think about a program that read the values of a game , that is running, and can edit them?
Is it in the range of power of QB64pe?

I wait for a theoretical evaluation about how it works.

Here a link to a kind of program that does it in Windows 32/64.
Game Cheat
and here a link to a kind of program working in MacOs
Bit-Slicer

thank you for your feedbacks
What is in the range of power of C++, is in the range of power of QB64(PE). Smile

However, to create a program like that, the author has to consider a large number of details already known to reverse-engineers. Such as encryption, file formats, how executable files interact with one another, what is the difference among a single-entry-point executable file, a library, a module, a resource file, and more.

So the "range of power" will depend on the programmer's energies and capabilities for such a daunting task like trying to give a player an unfair advantage in a multi-user game.

It's something I don't want to discuss any further because I dislike cheaters, I almost don't pardon whoever takes PED's in baseball, or did what Lance Armstrong did or any of that junk. I hate losing in games, especially the ones I designed. LOL.
Try using that ChatGPT to cheat in some game. Close down both cheaters.
(02-21-2023, 03:06 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: What is in the range of power of C++, is in the range of power of QB64(PE). Smile

However, to create a program like that, the author has to consider a large number of details already known to reverse-engineers. Such as encryption, file formats, how executable files interact with one another, what is the difference among a single-entry-point executable file, a library, a module, a resource file, and more.

So the "range of power" will depend on the programmer's energies and capabilities for such a daunting task like trying to give a player an unfair advantage in a multi-user game.

It's something I don't want to discuss any further because I dislike cheaters, I almost don't pardon whoever takes PED's in baseball, or did what Lance Armstrong did or any of that junk. I hate losing in games, especially the ones I designed. LOL.

Thanks for feedback
1. you showed me I loose my comunication goal
2. So posting this thread I went in mine field of reverse-engineering!  When I thought to post about game cheating I was thinking about an old cheating program in DOS for one module.exe and one player (max 2) scheme.... say Arkanoid or Pacman or Asteroid. I remember that program has been made in C. And to get it work, you must before lanch it and then the game to cheat.
...reverse engineering: you must before know how OS manages processes and then where to search to read values to change.

3. cheating online: I hate it from 1998 when playing chess online, at that time there was Yahoo.com/Chess that was very popular.  Often the communication with server went down letting loose the match! LOL there are so many people that like win dirty but all that they have got is a temporary increasing of their score... try to match with me on a physical chessboard with mechanic timers....LOL

thanks again for reply.

I'll discover what is ChatGPT
Yes, you can write game trainers in QB64.

Here is a post I made on the old forum where I made a simple trainer for Hitman: Blood Money on PC.
https://qb64forum.alephc.xyz/index.php?t...#msg123969
Tread on those who tread on you

Ah, "game trainer" sounds so much better than "cheat". Smile
b = b + ...
Well, that is what they are called. CheatEngine is a popular software for creating the trainers.
Tread on those who tread on you