Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZBLIST -- Buerg's LIST reincarnated
I'm dating myself here. Those who were programming during the DOS era will likely recall Vern Buerg's fantastic shareware directory and file utility called LIST. Once you used it you could not live without it.

Over the years many people petitioned VB to create a 32-bit version of it, but he was disinclined to do that. Vern died in December 2009 at the age of 62.

Anyway, thankfully for those of us who love LIST, circa 2016 Clark Woodworth wrote a new incarnation of it called ZBLIST.

It has a similar look and feel to the classic LIST and includes new features:

http://www.bizer.com/zblist/zblistd/
Welcome to the forums. Thank you for your contribution.

Don't worry, other forum members might be older than you and it's told from what they usually write about. Rolleyes
(02-26-2023, 08:25 AM)GTC Wrote: I'm dating myself here. Those who were programming during the DOS era will likely recall Vern Buerg's fantastic shareware directory and file utility called LIST. Once you used it you could not live without it.

Over the years many people petitioned VB to create a 32-bit version of it, but he was disinclined to do that. Vern died in December 2009 at the age of 62.

Anyway, thankfully for those of us who love LIST, circa 2016 Clark Woodworth wrote a new incarnation of it called ZBLIST.

It has a similar look and feel to the classic LIST and includes new features:

http://www.bizer.com/zblist/zblistd/
I am a huge fan of Vern's work. I registered list.com and qedit.com way back. List rocks. Thanks for sharing @GTC !
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
Quote:I am a huge fan of Vern's work. I registered list.com and qedit.com way back. List rocks. Thanks for sharing @GTC !
QEdit!  Cool!  Thanks for registering!  It was kind folks like you who kept us in business for 20+ years!
I'd like to put it up on github, once I figure github out Smile - and I'll have to also swallow my pride, as the source is very ugly - what can I say, it was a long time ago!

Thanks again!