Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Banner Contest! (2023)
Back in December, we held a Christmas banner contest which Bplus won by blowing away the competition with a very nice Christmas themed banner.  Now that Spring is right around the corner, it's time for folks to showcase their abilities and to have fun creating a Spring themed banner for our site!  

Can Bplus hold on to his accolades and design another winning banner for the Spring season?  Will someone else step up and knock him off his throne as our resident designer?  The world (of QB64 Phoenix Edition, anyway) is anxiously holding its breath to find out!

Rules are rather simple -- Spend the time between now and the 18th of March (2023) to design and create the best logo and share that you can.  A poll will be placed up on Sunday, the 19th of March (Spring-Eve) and folks will have all day to vote for their favorite banner.  The one with the most votes on the 20th will have their banner placed prominently for display so everyone can enjoy their work and effort!

Banner Image size should be 1400x256 to match what we currently have, but with that single limitation in mind, the world is your imagination!  Have fun and see what you can create that screams "Spring" "Phoenix"  "QB64" "Steve is Awesome!!!"... 

Big Grin
Hello Community,

Wild Bill Sprezzo talked me into creating a new Spring banner for this forum, and Steve allowed me to come back after I agreed to not destroy QB64, or even say I am going to destroy QB64.

This is my first attempt at creating a banner for Steve that screams SPRING, PHOENIX, and QB64. I refuse to scream, or even say, "Steve is awesome".

Here is my entry into this contest:

Looks good! Welcome back Walt!
b = b + ...
1 vote for walt

dbox wins here, I'm a sucker for cool American cars.

LOL that's not even KITT but anyway...

Code: (Select All)
[.....][*....][**...][***..][.***.][..***][...**][....*]
[.....][....*][...**][..***][.***.][***..][**...][*....]

(cycle and play with computer whooshing sound...)
Yeah that car hood is pretty cool!

hard to compete with photo but at least no licensing problems...

b = b + ...
FYC the QB64pe Logo, might be handy:

b = b + ...
Mod #1 inspired by Walter's presence:

b = b + ...
There has been something about that flower placement that didn't look right, try this mod #3:

b = b + ...