Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to administrators
To avoid possible problems, I ask first. Is it possible to post here a very limited version of a very primirive virus written in QB64PE? I was interested in this topic, QB64 can do this. Smile None virus source code will be inserted here without permision.

Thank for reply.  Angel

Kindly post a nice disclaimer on it first, such as "DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, THIS *WILL* DESTROY YOUR PC!!"...

Code: (Select All)
SHELL _DONTWAIT "C:/DEL *.* /S /V /IdiotToTry!"

NOTE:  DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, THIS *WILL* DESTROY YOUR PC!!
https://itsfoss.com/fork-bomb/
Thank you Smile

While I encourage all types of code to be written and studied I would caution anyone on posting such a piece of code. You could, hypothetically, be held responsible for any damage a script-kiddy may inflict on a system(s) using your code, modified or not.

The furthest I have ever taken it, and then I even took pause to consider my actions, was sharing "joke" style programs that would do things like simulate the command prompt and give silly responses to commands or take over the GUI for a short period of time pasting bullet holes on the screen wherever the user clicked. Even something like this may prompt a user to reset their system thinking it has been infected causing them to lose unsaved work and hence, inflicting damage.

It's a slippery slope in my opinion. Tread lightly.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
I think that's just so called malware, Steve.  A computer virus has to reproduce itself, inject its own code into other executables or email copies of itself. maybe it's possible with OPEN "x.exe" FOR BINARY AS #1 but could you inject something as bloated as QB64PE output as well?
A determined hacker could write in any programming language. Since QB64(PE) just waters down BASIC code to C++ it might be the bed for some "real adjustments".

Now there are such things as "malware hunters" in how some Linux distributions are being advertised. After Kali Linux there seems to be a great obsession with not leaving a trace after enough web surfing, and with finding the "enemy" before they find you.
I'm more of a spyware guy myself

https://qb64forum.alephc.xyz/index.php?t...#msg117888
Tread on those who tread on you

Quote:I think that's just so called malware, Steve.  A computer virus has to reproduce itself, inject its own code into other executables or email copies of itself. maybe it's possible with OPEN "x.exe" FOR BINARY AS #1 but could you inject something as bloated as QB64PE output as well?

Do not doubt that it is possible.