Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TiddlyWiki as a context-sensitive help engine
As part of some work I'm doing for a client, I'm setting up the client's applications with context-sensitive help using TiddlyWiki as the context-sensitive help engine.

A small wiki for creating and maintaining documentation is pretty fantastic in and of itself, but the bonus of having that single file doing a stellar job as context-sensitive help engine?  It rocks something silly.

The one TiddlyWiki I've setup is to provide help for five applications, each application having a different set of users.  Depending on the application that brings up the TiddlyWiki instance in a web browser, parameters are included in the URL to alter the appearance of the wiki so that it looks as if it is dedicated to the application that brought it up.

So if you ever want some context-sensitive help for your QB64pe, I highly recommend TiddlyWiki.

Just as an example, here's one TiddlyWiki instance that I've just setup with the ability to generate a link to a specific subject and topic for copying and pasting for sharing:  https://basicanywheremachine.neocities.o...chine#Home

That link is much more complicated than normal when sharing a link to a specific wiki page, but that's because I've completely overridden the TiddlyWiki interface with a custom interface.  So that it doesn't look like a wiki anymore.