Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenGL examples
Quote:No matter what I try, it can't find the help3.h file.

Either upload this file directly to the QB64 folder where you have QB64PE.EXE (it must not be in a subdirectory) or in the initialization of the library, write ./ before the name help3.h so that it has the form Declare library "./help3" in case you want to have the file H in a subdirectory.

Thanks ! It worked! I really like the 3D fog. It behaves a bit strangely, because beyond a certain distance the texture lightens up again. I guess it just needs to be calibrated. But the display is very good! Unfortunately, I don't have any time these days, I really miss programming, but when I have more time, I would like to study it more. More good development!
@MasterGy

I'm glad it's working for you. More advanced techniques in OpenGL refer deeper and deeper into C++ (for example initializing GPU 1 and then initializing GPU 2) for bumpmapping and multitexturing, but that's a long way from QB64, I'll try to rewrite these things in QB64, but my success rate will already plummet. Here, it is simply necessary to improve a lot in C++, because I simply cannot do some initialization differently than through the H file, even if I stood on my head and waved my ears.

What I'm talking about starts like this:

PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD1FARBPROC glMultiTexCoord1fARB = NULL;
PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD2FARBPROC glMultiTexCoord2fARB = NULL;
PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD3FARBPROC glMultiTexCoord3fARB = NULL;
PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4FARBPROC glMultiTexCoord4fARB = NULL;
PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC glActiveTextureARB = NULL;
PFNGLCLIENTACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC glClientActiveTextureARB = NULL;

I really don't even dare to hope that I can run this definition.

I'll try anyway. Yeah, I'll try. There's only one logic to the matter: Now it's not written in QB64, so it can't be worse. And if it succeeds (I give it a "high" chance of about 0.00001%), then we will move a little further. I will definitely continue this thread, just jumped back to audio for a moment - because I enjoy that too.

I downloaded your world with Google Drive. The tree movements in your 3D world are just great. The appearance of the image from a distance and everything using Maptriangle is simply amazing.