Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controller Library
UPDATE:

The library has been updated to version 1.10

The original post at the top of this thread has been updated with all the details and new ZIP file to download.

Additions to this version:

NOTE: This library will now require QB64PE version 3.7.0 and above.

- Save and load user defined buttons ( __LOAD_BUTTONS, __SAVE_BUTTONS )
- The ability to detect new controllers plugged and existing controllers unplugged/plugged back in ( __NEW_CONTROLLER, __CONNECTED )
- Remove all controller associated user defined buttons ( __REMOVE_CONTROLLER )
- Prior versions automatically created buttons based on integer variables. A change was needed to facilitate the loading of saved button configurations.
  __MAKE_BUTTON is now required to initialize user defined buttons (see documentation in CONTROLLER.BI for more info).

The mini-game, "Configure_Buttons.BAS", along with the other three example programs have been updated to highlight the new features.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Hi Terry,

Just wanted to let you know that the `Configure_Buttons.bas` example does not work correctly in Linux and macOS.

I was expecting it to respond to the keyboard, but it does not respond to anything. The only thing that works is ESC. That is because you are using `_KEYDOWN(27)` to terminate the main loop.

I've checked with v3.8.0 and older versions as well.

Currently, I am not sure what the root cause is, but I'll check later when I get some time.
(09-25-2023, 09:41 PM)a740g Wrote: Hi Terry,

Just wanted to let you know that the `Configure_Buttons.bas` example does not work correctly in Linux and macOS.

I was expecting it to respond to the keyboard, but it does not respond to anything. The only thing that works is ESC. That is because you are using `_KEYDOWN(27)` to terminate the main loop.

I've checked with v3.8.0 and older versions as well.

Currently, I am not sure what the root cause is, but I'll check later when I get some time.
Thank you for the heads up. I don't have a Mac but I can run the code in Linux to see if I can determine what's going on.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial