Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utilities Link Server Error
When I click the Utilities link from Code and Stuff here at Forum I get a Server Error:

b = b + ...
Question 
Am I the only one this is happening to?
b = b + ...
(04-28-2023, 11:05 AM)bplus Wrote: Am I the only one this is happening to?

Big Grin Obviously Big Grin

I got error 502 (Bad Gateway) sometimes on random pages, but it almost instantly worked again after refreshing the page. Just once I had to close Firefox and restart to make it work again. Honestly, I've no clue what's going on sometimes, must be solar flares or some higher entities Angel
I've had weird little temporary things here but this has been consistent ever since yesterday, and it's just on the Utilities link.

Higher entities wouldn't allow this but maybe the lower ones...

Time to call Chuck Norris.

Attached Files Image(s)

b = b + ...
Chuck said to clear my Browser cache. That did it. Smile

Thanks Chuck
b = b + ...
(04-28-2023, 12:05 PM)RhoSigma Wrote: I got error 502 (Bad Gateway) sometimes on random pages, but it almost instantly worked again after refreshing the page.

This happens to me regularly too, and it used to be only from this site. This is what I get because DNS service is a cheap server located in Atlanta. Tongue
(04-28-2023, 08:40 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 12:05 PM)RhoSigma Wrote: I got error 502 (Bad Gateway) sometimes on random pages, but it almost instantly worked again after refreshing the page.

This happens to me regularly too, and it used to be only from this site. This is what I get because DNS service is a cheap server located in Atlanta. Tongue

Has this happened recently? Did you try clearing Browser cashe?
b = b + ...
(06-27-2023, 08:33 PM)bplus Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 08:40 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote:

Has this happened recently? Did you try clearing Browser cashe?

Not happened recently (past 3-4 weeks).
Don't believe clearing the cache would be a solution here, as 5xx errors usually indicate problems at the server's side not the client/browser side.
Also whenever I get this I just reload the page immediatly and it works again. Think it is just some kind of being in the wrong place at the wong moment.
Lately service has been as pessimistic as trying to pick up free Wifi from several meters away. :/

Connecting just now and trying to use DDG to look for something, it timed out. Never happened to me before.

For a few months now, I ask it to visit some web page, such as this site, and the thing sticks up for several seconds, starting up very slowly and I have to wait several seconds more before the view is updated.

Many times I have to break from download because I get 100KiB/second or less. It's terrible when trying to download an ISO.

I also have Brave Browser on my computer but that takes the majority of a minute to launch.

I'm actually paying for this crap, for at least six months more, and not getting any government aid for it.

I can't afford a computer that could run only Windows and would discourage me generally from putting on any Linux OS I want. The laptops that come with Linux are also expensive, not just those from cool European builders.