Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released!
(05-05-2023, 11:56 AM)Ultraman Wrote: What was the raw string you used in the IDE in order to make it print those characters?

It's the first code example shown here:

https://qb64phoenix.com/qb64wiki/index.php/UPRINTSTRING

It's tricky: the string has to be loaded by assembling bytes in hexadecimal format (have to add "&H" at the front to make it valid like &H20) taken from DATA statements. The Unicode characters require two "CHR$(x)+CHR$(y)" at a time where "x" and "y" are _UNSIGNED _BYTE's set to 128 or higher. Otherwise there's an occasional "20" which is for space and "2E" at the end which is for period.

Also for the screenshot I have purposely set a wider screen, chosen a different font and slightly larger point size. Because Cyberbit at 21 points was less clear. I can't even read Bulgarian or Russian or any other language that uses Cyrillic characters and have to depend on their proximity with Greek to try to understand, but a few glyphs in the original example ran into each other. I don't think a Russian would appreciate it, if we always had to write that large on a piece of paper.

I had to look up that the first glyph listed, and the one that looks like a "6" are the same letter, but the first is uppercase and the other is lowercase. (covers face with hands)

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released! - by mnrvovrfc - 05-05-2023, 05:58 PM