Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released!
In regards to updates, personally I like the idea of having some kind of updater, but I haven't spent any time on it. IMO there's benefits to it since while it's "easy" to upgrade if you know what you're doing, new users frequently do something 'wrong' and then break their existing install (and when that happens, the errors tend to be very confusing). Providing some kind of updater simply takes out all the guess work and makes it easier for us to ensure everyone's on a good copy. Ultimately, anything that lets us spend less time troubleshooting and more time fixing bugs is a good thing Big Grin

Also, how you go about "copying your config" isn't well defined. The config file structure may not stay the same in the future, and then suddenly nobody will know how to do a proper update. I think we'll certainly try to avoid that because people rely on it, but I don't know what the future holds and nothing in `./internal/` is guaranteed to stay the same across releases.

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released! - by DSMan195276 - 05-06-2023, 04:42 PM