Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released!
(05-07-2023, 05:16 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Agreed if I were on Windows. On Windows should always have a brand new directory for the latest version of QB64(PE); rename the old one or delete it (if disk space is getting short). Even if MinGW and its associates received no changes whatsoever.

But I haven't had problems with doing this on Linux because I make sure to be as updated as possible then run "setup_lnx.sh" right after unpacking the QB64PE archive.

Haven't had a problem yet Tongue Again, it may not cause any immediately obvious issues, but it's not a supported way to do updates and will eventually lead to a broken system, even on Linux.

(05-07-2023, 04:01 PM)Steffan-68 Wrote: Has something changed in the '_MEMPUT' command?

The IDE does not report an error, but the error 'Critical Error #300 Line:833 Memory region out of range' is output in the finished compiled program.

With QB64pe V 3.6 the program runs normally, now in V 3.7 this error occurs.

We're investigating Smile It seems like an issue with the change from `zlib` to `miniz`. Your data doesn't successfully decompress with either library, but `zlib` would give you back the partially decompressed data and the correct length of it, where-as `miniz` doesn't give the length of the partially-decompressed data so `btemp$` has the wrong length.

Unfortunately `_Inflate$()` doesn't give an error if the decompression fails so you had no way to know. It really should error, but we probably can't make that change now so we're looking at a fix for `miniz` to give you the correct size. As an alternative to waiting, you code will work in v3.7.0 if you give `_Inflate$()` the size parameter, so `btemp$ = _Inflate$(btemp$, m.SIZE)`.

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released! - by DSMan195276 - 05-07-2023, 10:29 PM