Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released!
(05-07-2023, 10:29 PM)DSMan195276 Wrote: Unfortunately `_Inflate$()` doesn't give an error if the decompression fails so you had no way to know. It really should error, but we probably can't make that change now so we're looking at a fix for `miniz` to give you the correct size. As an alternative to waiting, you code will work in v3.7.0 if you give `_Inflate$()` the size parameter, so `btemp$ = _Inflate$(btemp$, m.SIZE)`.

I was going to try "LEN(A$)" as second parameter to _INFLATE$ but wasn't sure if it would have worked. I would have needed to multiply it by something.

I think Dav has to make a modification to provide the compressed buffer length, so that it could be accessed with _INFLATE$ later, as an alternate edition to his picture-packing routine. Once I wrote a simple utility with Free Pascal to do GZipped compression. I was forced to include a base-36 code as part of the "thisfile.ext.base36number.gz" because I didn't know another way to include it, so it could be retrieved by the "Un-gee-zipper".

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released! - by mnrvovrfc - 05-08-2023, 02:46 AM