Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released!
(05-07-2023, 11:32 PM)bert22306 Wrote: Depends. I have Windows in my work and my own PCs. In my work PC, perhaps because of McAfee Enterprise virus filter, it takes quite some time to delete the old QB64pe folder and then quite some more time to extract the 7zip files for the new QB64pe. Total time becomes closer to 20 minutes +. Used to be more like 30 minutes, but fortunately lately, deleting the old QB64pe folder became much faster than it used to be.

I agree that in my home PC, the process is much faster. Anyway, I'm not hard over on this. Just wondered.

Question:
Does it also take long until the content appears in the explorer window, when you simply click through the folder structure of QB64 back and forth.

If disk accesses take that long, then it usually indicates a defect in the filesystem structure, which the system tries to work around and that consumes all the time. Had that too a couple of times already.
As Terry said, it shouldn't take longer than a couple seconds to delete a QB64 installation.

When you have a couple hours time, then you should schedule a DSKCHK via the Properties dialog of the affected drive, make sure you tick the "Automatically correct filesystem errors" checkbox.

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released! - by RhoSigma - 05-08-2023, 08:04 AM