Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released!
(05-08-2023, 10:48 PM)bert22306 Wrote: When deleting a gymongous folder such as qb64pe, it seems to examine everything it is deleting.

That's exactly what it's doing, scanning all 20,000 or so files of QB64PE.

If you can live with it, cool.  We don't need to reinstall QB64 every time we use it, anyway. 

McAfee is one of those set-it-and-forget-it PC tools that corporate IT departments love.  Lock down the computer so tightly that the user can't do much more than check email and use approved pre-installed business apps.

but

Depending on the configuration chosen by the enterprise, even McAfee can offer an option to temporarily disable its endpoint scanners.  Those scanners will restart automatically after a preset time.

(Personal war story: In a previous field tech career, I worked for one company, under contract to another company, and had to live with absurdly clamped down laptops from both companies.
I had no use for their approved software, and they neither understood nor cared about my job's software needs.
After getting frustrated by jumping through hoops for IT to get my needed software tools cleared for installation, I gave up and brought in a netbook of my own to get work done.  It was never on either company's network, so they never cared.  From then on I only used the company laptops for filling out my time sheets, checking company email...  and to hold the Post-Its with all my company passwords, since password managers were strictly forbidden.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.7.0 Released! - by JRace - 05-09-2023, 12:52 AM