Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something wrong with _UCharPos
I was checking out the new _U+ stuff and loaded this Wiki example code and it redlined in v 3.7

I tried a fix, still redlined:

Looks like _UCHARPOS is not even recognized as a QB64pe v 3.7 function.
b = b + ...
Able to reproduce. Found one sub _UPRINTSTRING and three functions in:

(qb64pepath)/internal/c/parts/video/font/font.cpp
UCharPos is in the repo, but not in 3.7.  It was added after 3.7 was released and is still just part of the development build.  Clone the repo and you can test it, or else wait for it to go live in 3.8+.
(05-29-2023, 04:29 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: UCharPos is in the repo, but not in 3.7.  It was added after 3.7 was released and is still just part of the development build.  Clone the repo and you can test it, or else wait for it to go live in 3.8+.

Or v3.7.1 at least, as the Wiki states under the Availability Section of _UCHARPOS.

You can always get the latest development build here: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe/actions

Click the latest available "Automatic update of ./internal/source" (usually at the top), on the loaded page scroll to bottom and download the desired package from the "Artifacts" section.
OK, sorry I missed the version update. 

I think this, Font Tester 3, is worth testing with development build.

Thanks guys Smile
b = b + ...
Quote:You can always get the latest development build here: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe/actions

Which? How? don't see any dev versions???
b = b + ...

From Rho's link, click on the workflow you'd like to test.  (In this case, it'll be the topmost one for the latest build.)  Then select the proper artifact for your OS.   Extract and go!
Thumbs Up 
Thanks Steve, 

After I figured out I had to dig up my old user name and password and get it verified by GitHub, I was then allowed to download the proper "Artifact".

Got that extracted and running and _UCharPos demo from Wiki now works for me and I can test "Font Tester 2" with the dev version checking for more improvements hopefully.

b = b + ...