Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Banner? YES! (Submit entries until the 20th!)
Any Summer Banner contest on the run already? Only 2 weeks left.   (YES!   Yes there is!  See my post below by The Amazing Steve(tm)!!)

Would like to see Ocean, Beaches, Palm trees and lots of cool Drinks and Girls wearing skimpy Bikinies Big Grin

So all QB64 artists, ready - set - go.
Let's do it!  Between now and Wednesday, June 21st, let's have folks submit a nice summer banner for the forums (1400x256 resolution), and then we'll vote for which one the community likes the most and we'll make it our Summer 2023 banner!   

One thing to remember, July 4th and fireworks isn't necessarily considered "summer" by the whole world -- after all, it was only the US who declared independence on that day!  (Not to say you can't use fireworks in your submission, as many places still hold festivals and all which makes use of them -- I just wouldn't caption it with relation to July 4th celebrations if I wanted to keep it globally relevant.)

So as to not confuse anyone, when the 20st rolls around, I'll gather a list of poll choices like last time and put up a single entry for each person who submits one.  By default, I'll use the LAST ENTRY someone posted, unless they highlight a message saying, "Hey, I was just playing around with this version, please use my version which is number XYZ in this topic for my official entry."  Today is the 9th, so everyone will have 10 days to create whatever vision they can imagine and submit it, and then we'll vote on the 20th and 21st, with the banner taking its place here on our forums on the 22nd!

With all that said, let the competition begin!   PWEEEETTTTT!!!!   (See, I even blew the official's whistle to start the race!)  Wink
OK finished.
b = b + ...
You mothertruckers.

I just got the forum fixed to use the spring banner.

(j/k)

GL to all!
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
(06-10-2023, 03:53 PM)grymmjack Wrote: You mothertruckers.

I just got the forum fixed to use the spring banner.

(j/k)

GL to all!
I think we should allow animated banners to keep the new guy on his toes - joe king
b = b + ...
I'll leave that request for @grymmjack.  Animated banners might be nice on one hand, but on the other, they just add to the bandwidth a page uses and increases download times as they're much larger in size.
(06-10-2023, 06:11 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: I'll leave that request for @grymmjack.  Animated banners might be nice on on hand, but on the other, they just add to the bandwidth a page uses and increases download times as they're much larger in size.
Ah! and mnr.. is already complaining, oh well I guess that means an $IF hostedHasFastInternetAccess Then Animate Else BeStill - joe king moore
b = b + ...
You guys do whatever you want and don't worry about me or anyone else. Smile
OK I was going to keep it secret but I can't still looks pretty good to me:

b = b + ...
Haha bplus, perfect on all levels. I'm not even gonna try this time... You got my vote