Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.8.0 Released!
(06-15-2023, 11:20 PM)GareBear Wrote: RhoSigma, I made the Summer folder and all the files inside of the folder full access - read/write. I moved the Summer folder from the Save_Folder to the QB64pe folder. All this made no difference after pressing F5. Where the bullet is on the 'Output EXE to source Folder'. Did I missed anything? I have no idea how to get the IDE to find paths to programs it need. Qbasic I could get paths to programs. But, that is neither here or now. Just letting you know some of what I used to do.
As a test try this:

Download the latest version of QB64 as a zip file and extract the folder to your desktop.

Unzip all the files in summer.zip into the folder on your desktop. Go into the folder, start QB64PE, and then load summer.bas. Press F5 to run the code.

If the programs now runs one of three things may be happening:

- Your installation of QB64PE is corrupt.

- You may be attempting to run the code from within the zip file instead of extracting the files to the folder.

- You are attempting run the program from a folder within your QB64PE folder. All files in summer.zip must be in the root QB64PE folder.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(06-15-2023, 10:52 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Ok, I have just it tried, but I can not get through. But I won't give up that easily.

Better hope they keep answering like that, because if it's not available in 64-bit then... you will have to give up easily because they will force you. IJS.

The moment I saw the word "cracks" in one of your posts, if I were mod of this forum I would have had to give you a warning. I don't like talk about "hares" spelled in another manner, there was too much of that despite banning and thread control and that other stuff in another forum I used to belong to.

I shouldn't have made this post because I just remembered a few months ago a small discussion about a similar thing. "In Germany I could do it although not in the U.S.A." is not a good phrase to begin a friendship. Although far too often something has been said which is vice-versa and I have to wince at that too.

OK well a few days ago I got told off by Steve when I said something about code obfuscation. So maybe it doesn't matter a lot talking about acquiring a 20-year-old product... as much as possible in the legal way.
(06-16-2023, 01:57 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: OK well a few days ago I got told off by Steve when I said something about code obfuscation. So maybe it doesn't matter a lot talking about acquiring a 20-year-old product... as much as possible in the legal way.

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...3#pid16583 Told off? Here??

All I was saying was that OPTION _EXPLICIT and a change of variable names isn't going to do squat to obfuscate or protect your code. It's not going to allow you to download and claim anyone else's work as your own either. I really don't see where I "told off" anyone in the post there. I was just pointing out the command wasn't very useful for the purpose you proposed it for.
Quote:@mnrvovrfc - The moment I saw the word "cracks" in one of your posts, if I were mod of this forum I would have had to give you a warning.
In German computer forums, people who can do something was/are called cracks: He is real great (programmer)! It has nothing to do with the drug crack.
In USA there was a magazine:

b = b + ...
TerryRitchie, JRace pointed me in the right direction. I know you write in the Windows OS and I use Linux and there the problem. I had to make sure the DIM array names match the filenames in Summer folder and the logo file. I looked at the line starting with - 'for p = 1 to 7'. I noticed 'Petal' and I knew that in the Summer folder in lower case the same name and both have to match for the IDE in Linux get the file. I have never encountered this before. It did what you had on the forum. I was right to assume I missed something but what?

Would just stems do for a summer banner?
Quote:I loaded Summer on Windows 10 in 3.8.0 the same results.
https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...7#pid16737

@GareBear  I knew you said you tried it in Windows (I remembered it as Windows 11 though) and it still didn't work.
Did you resolve problem running under Windows also?

Linux is case sensitive to files and folders, Windows is not. So if it was just a problem with letter case then Windows should have run the banner in Terry's code just fine.
b = b + ...
Not yet. The desktop with Windows 10 is limited use for me. Because my wife uses it watch videos on it. So, why I had problems with Summer.bas? It should have run without problems. The Summer folder is in the Save_File folder. TerryRitchie told me that the Summer folder needs to be in the same folder as the IDE. Hope you follow my thinking online. Smile 

I'll get to that later. Thanks for asking.
[Image: Summertime-Banner.png]

This was what I had to see. The result of "Unhandled Error ...". Linux is case sensitive and Windows is not. Linux could not find the files.

[Image: Summer-Banner.png]

Everything like it should be all the files matched and found. Yea! When I fixed the bottom one I added the peLogo to the top one.
(06-16-2023, 06:15 PM)GareBear Wrote: TerryRitchie, JRace pointed me in the right direction. I know you write in the Windows OS and I use Linux and there the problem. I had to make sure the DIM array names match the filenames in Summer folder and the logo file. I looked at the line starting with - 'for p = 1 to 7'. I noticed 'Petal' and I knew that in the Summer folder in lower case the same name and both have to match for the IDE in Linux get the file. I have never encountered this before. It did what you had on the forum. I was right to assume I missed something but what?

Would just stems do for a summer banner?

You know, that's my program's fault. I need to start remembering that not only Windows users execute the code I write. I'm fully aware that Linux filenames are case sensitive yet I constantly forget to account for that in my code. I even have a few Mint and PopOS systems I built for the sole purpose of testing my QB64 game source code on. I'll start running code on a Linux box to make sure people running Linux don't fall into my software's errors any longer.

Sorry for the confusion @GareBear

Just stems huh? Sure, it would be a sunflower field after harvest (although that may be more appropriate for the autumn banner contest coming up).
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial