Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InForm-PE
InForm-PE is a GUI engine and WYSIWYG interface designer for QB64-PE. It's a fork of InForm, but without any dependencies on falcon.h. All falcon.h function calls have been replaced by the new _U* family of font functions in QB64-PE that were introduced in v3.7.0 and v3.8.0. As such, the minimum required version of QB64-PE that this works with is v3.8.0. This also means that the entire InFrom-PE library is now in pure QB64-PE code.

There are some examples that are included in the "examples" directory to get you started. Also, the old InFrom wiki has been copied here: Home · a740g/InForm-PE Wiki (github.com). Note that the wiki needs work. Pull requests are welcome.

I may not be actively developing new features for this. However, please feel free to submit bug reports and suggestions here: Issues · a740g/InForm-PE (github.com). Pull requests are also welcome.

a740g/InForm-PE: A GUI engine and WYSIWYG interface designer for QB64-PE (github.com)

https://github.com/a740g/InForm-PE/archi...master.zip

[Image: Screenshot-2023-06-16-040215.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-06-16-035222.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-06-16-035303.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-06-16-035340.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-06-16-035435.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-06-16-035530.png]
Thumbs Up 
Glad this project is being carried forward!
b = b + ...
hello a740g Smile 
when you launch UiEditor it asks for the QB64pe directory and after navigating to the folder and doing some stuff and then exit, when later you launch UiEditor it asks for the QB64pe folder again, it does not remember.
I compiled TerryRitchie's calculator and noticed that the last button pressed remains focused. so I opened the project with UiEditor  and unchecked has focus I did that for all the buttons and then saved the project, when QB64pe opened Calculator.bas there were numerous duplicated symbols, I deleted the duplicates and compiled only to discover that the changes that I thought I had made had no effect, I reopened the project and the buttons had the has focus checked, so the only thing that my editing did was to produce a bunch of duplicate symbols
the reason for unchecking the has focus is that for example if the Clear was the last button clicked then if you use the keypad to do some operations, it displays the result and quickly clears the display
I opened Calculator.frm in geany and replaced all occurrences of Control(__UI_NewID).CanHaveFocus = True to Control(__UI_NewID).CanHaveFocus = False and then compiled Calculator.bas and it behaves as I would expect, the C button does not remain focused after having being cliicked
(06-15-2023, 11:52 PM)Jack Wrote: hello a740g Smile 
when you launch UiEditor it asks for the QB64pe directory and after navigating to the folder and doing some stuff and then exit, when later you launch UiEditor it asks for the QB64pe folder again, it does not remember.
I compiled TerryRitchie's calculator and noticed that the last button pressed remains focused. so I opened the project with UiEditor  and unchecked has focus I did that for all the buttons and then saved the project, when QB64pe opened Calculator.bas there were numerous duplicated symbols, I deleted the duplicates and compiled only to discover that the changes that I thought I had made had no effect, I reopened the project and the buttons had the has focus checked, so the only thing that my editing did was to produce a bunch of duplicate symbols
the reason for unchecking the has focus is that for example if the Clear was the last button clicked then if you use the keypad to do some operations, it displays the result and quickly clears the display

Thank you for reporting. I was able to reproduce all three issues.

1. UiEditor not remembering the QB64-PE locations once selected is a miss from my end. My plan was to save the location in InForm.ini so that it does not prompt again. But I think I did not implement the save to INI part. That should be an easy fix.
2. InFrom creating duplicates could be how it reads the existing source. My guess is it expects the keywork to be in a certain case and is not doing case-insensitive compares. Therefore, it ends up writing the declarations again. I'll have to check this. And if it is true, then this too should be an easy fix.
3. The "Can have focus" setting for buttons is obviously not being retained which looks like a bug to me. I'll investigate a little more to see if I am able to reproduce this with new forms and other controls.
the TextBox behaves differently than I would have guessed, I expected that you would set the text like this TextBox1.Text = "some text", instead you have to set it like this Text(TextBox1) = "some text"
I also noticed that there's no Right Justify property for a TextBox and it behaves strangely, after adding many spaces to the string to simulate a Right Justify it displayed the text ok but as soon as I would click on the TextBox the text would jump left and if I then clicked the form it would jump right
it might act differently with different fonts
Thumbs Up 
This looks like interesting stuff. Thank you for this library.
(06-16-2023, 01:49 AM)Jack Wrote: the TextBox behaves differently than I would have guessed, I expected that you would set the text like this TextBox1.Text = "some text", instead you have to set it like this Text(TextBox1) = "some text"
I also noticed that there's no Right Justify property for a TextBox and it behaves strangely, after adding many spaces to the string to simulate a Right Justify it displayed the text ok but as soon as I would click on the TextBox the text would jump left and if I then clicked the form it would jump right
it might act differently with different fonts

Yes as I recall Fellippe setup getting the textbox main value, the text, in an array not like you would expect as txtbx.text.

That threw me when I first tried InForm out, so long ago.
b = b + ...
Wicked. @a740g you rock!
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
Thanks so much for the hard work, finally I can make full use of v3.8.0.

A minor issue though, and I'm not sure if it's InForm or QB64, I've attached an image. The left side is the older InForm on v3.6.0, and the right side, InForm-PE with v3.8.0. You can see the bottom of the "g" is cropped.

Easy to reproduce using UiEditor, and "phagspa.ttf" font, font size 12.

I haven't yet worked out why, but I'll keep looking..

[Image: Image7.png]