Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft BASIC PDS 7.1 User Interface Toolbox
Sorry. Angel

The "UIASM" had the last four letters the same as "ISAM" so I was misguided into it. But I did have a program I bought in a store, I think was created with Borland Pascal called "MyDatabase". Used it for exactly one database file. Its method for navigating one slow record at a time wouldn't have caught on today though.
(10-04-2023, 06:05 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Sorry.  Angel

The "UIASM" had the last four letters the same as "ISAM" so I was misguided into it. But I did have a program I bought in a store, I think was created with Borland Pascal called "MyDatabase". Used it for exactly one database file. Its method for navigating one slow record at a time wouldn't have caught on today though.

I think Borland then had `InterBase` for BP and BC++. I may be wrong. It was so long ago.
(10-04-2023, 06:05 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Sorry.  Angel

I still can't find UISAM.* anywhere. Thus I can't run LIB and not General.bas
Could you add Alt-D/Alt-O/Alt-H file menu toolbar functions?

Nice port though.

Erik.
That Microsoft UI was very nice indeed. But far too much programming to follow up on all actions.
The UI in VBDOS was of course much better because VBDOS took care of all the operations.
(05-08-2024, 08:06 AM)BDS107 Wrote: That Microsoft UI was very nice indeed. But far too much programming to follow up on all actions.
The UI in VBDOS was of course much better because VBDOS took care of all the operations.

didn't i just reply to that @BDS107 ? oh different thread ;-))
b = b + ...