Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terry Ritchie's Sprite Library
Terry's sprite library.  Like almost all his stuff, it's pretty self documenting.  I thought I'd preserve it here for the people who might want a copy of it.

Attached Files
.7z   QB64SpriteLib.7z (Size: 1.69 MB / Downloads: 194)
Hi
this is the first library for sprite build by Terry Ritchie,
on www.qb64.org he posted some informations and first code about a new library on which he was working as an evolution of this library...
are there some news about the new version?

Feedback about archive... to let work game examples (Invaders and Asteroid) you must correct the path of sprite.bi and spritetop.bi in the code.
I worked on that updated sprite library for a while but put it on the back burner for a reason I can't remember now. I'll dig it out eventually (working on tutorial right now) and see where I left off.

If I remember correctly I was getting frustrated with some shortcomings that QB64 had at the time dealing with arrays, but I believe those issues have been resolved in later versions.
Thanks for news.. looking at your posts, when you'll find useful to continue that evolution of Sprite Library.
Thanks for you effort to give another gift to QB64 community.

PS. but in Space Invaders I find one difference with that I played when I was child. At each level the green barriers come back.