Poll: Vote for your favorite banner entry
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
@bplus - Summer Fun Edition (final)
21.05%
4 21.05%
@TerryRitchie - Summer Edition (made with QB64PE source)
42.11%
8 42.11%
@JRace - Summer Edition (modification on TerryRitchie's #2)
0%
0 0%
@SMcNeill - Summer Edition Phoenix (get well soon Steve)
15.79%
3 15.79%
@dbox - Angry Birds - Sun, Sand, and Syntax Errors
21.05%
4 21.05%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition Summer 2023 Banner Contest Poll
Photo 
QB64 Phoenix Edition Summer 2023 Banner Contest

Please vote for your choice in the banner contest!
*edit* @bplus entry was updated for final version. @JRace submission was added. @dbox last submission was kept all others removed, and votes moved to @dbox last submission if they existed for other submissions.

*subtle drum-roll*

And the entries for the QB64 PE Summer 2023 Banner Contest are...

*cymbals*

1. @bplus - Summer Fun Edition
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1912]

2. @TerryRitchie - Summer Edition (made with QB64PE source)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1917]

3. @JRace - Summer Edition modification on @TerryRitchie
[Image: 7-JRace-QB64-PE-Summer-Edition-created-w...itchie.png]

4. @SMcNeill - Summer Edition Phoenix (get well soon Steve)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1933]

5. @dbox - Angry Birds - Sun, Sand, and Syntax Errors
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1945]

---

The winner of this poll will have their work featured on the forum on all themes!

Good luck to all the contestants and please place your votes now.

We will accept voting until July 1st at which time the winner will be chosen based on the number of votes their submission has received!

---

Feel free to talk and socialize in this thread and to congratulate the winner when the contest is over!
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
@bplus lol, i just noticed you put your UFO in the banner. Big Grin
grymmjack (gj!)
(06-24-2023, 03:39 PM)grymmjack Wrote: @bplus lol, i just noticed you put your UFO in the banner. Big Grin

Hi @grymmjack 

I am sorry to get nit picky I am sure you've had quite a week already but... again I do not want to add to your miseries but only have the contest go right (at least in my eyes) and you have been distracted to pay closer attention to what has happened.

First concerning my submission, I had improved my banner after mnrvovcfr's feedback it was improved here:
https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...3#pid16693
and i even said that that was my final mod and submission. The spaceship and plasma laser beam is more subtle therefore hopefully more fun when noticed!

2nd JRace submitted a mod of Terry Ritchie banner that might have been taken as a joke but I liked it for humor and for idea and because Terry seemed happy with mod too. I was going to vote for it! I posted my reasons why too.
The banner is here:
https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...1#pid16811
I was hoping that would be a choice too.

3rd according to Steve's rules, when someone posts multiple banners (who does that anyway? LOL) he was going to take the last submitted. So I don't know which dbox intended as his submission they all were good but the last was pretty funny all around and probably my 2nd choice. Anyway the point is we should only have one of dbox banners according to rules set by Steve. Putting all his choices forward would split his votes between himself anyway.

Again sorry to be nagging.
b = b + ...
(06-24-2023, 03:56 PM)bplus Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 03:39 PM)grymmjack Wrote: @bplus lol, i just noticed you put your UFO in the banner. Big Grin

Hi  @grymmjack 

2nd JRace submitted a mod of Terry Ritchie banner that might have been taken as a joke but I liked it for humor and for idea and because Terry seemed happy with mod too. I was going to vote for it! I posted my reasons why too.
The banner is here:
I consider that a legitimate entry. I did state that anyone could use the code and modify it to their taste and submit a new banner. JRace's modified entry should count as a submission since I did say go for it. Smile
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
@bplus wrote:

Quote:2nd JRace submitted a mod of Terry Ritchie banner that might have been taken as a joke....
It actually was posted as a playful joke.  Only later did I realize that it might be taken as an entry.

Well, whatever.
(06-24-2023, 04:47 PM)JRace Wrote: @bplus wrote:

Quote:2nd JRace submitted a mod of Terry Ritchie banner that might have been taken as a joke....
It actually was posted as a playful joke.  Only later did I realize that it might be taken as an entry.

Well, whatever.
I don't mind at all if it is added as an entry and wins. You made improvements you felt were needed and I told everyone to go for it and have fun.
QB64 Tutorial
@Terry - isn't that actually the wrong banner? 

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...2#pid16822
(06-24-2023, 10:06 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: @Terry - isn't that actually the wrong banner? 

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...2#pid16822

The one you are pointing to is the banner Jrace modified using the code, referred to above as the modified version.
QB64 Tutorial
Quote:Hi @grymmjack
I am sorry to get nit picky I am sure you've had quite a week already but... again I do not want to add to your miseries but only have the contest go right (at least in my eyes) and you have been distracted to pay closer attention to what has happened.

NP. Thanks for looking out.

Quote:First concerning my submission, I had improved my banner after mnrvovcfr's feedback it was improved here:
and i even said that that was my final mod and submission. The spaceship and plasma laser beam is more subtle therefore hopefully more fun when noticed!

OK I will fix it. Sorry I missed that. What I did was go through the entire thread and try to find the big pictures you all posted. I didn't read the thread deeply because I was trying to complete the task ASAP. I'll put your new banner in, and replace the old one in the voting options, cool?

Quote:2nd JRace submitted a mod of Terry Ritchie banner that might have been taken as a joke but I liked it for humor and for idea and because Terry seemed happy with mod too. I was going to vote for it! I posted my reasons why too.
The banner is here:

Missed this too. I will add this to the options.

Quote:3rd according to Steve's rules, when someone posts multiple banners (who does that anyway? LOL) he was going to take the last submitted. So I don't know which dbox intended as his submission they all were good but the last was pretty funny all around and probably my 2nd choice. Anyway the point is we should only have one of dbox banners according to rules set by Steve. Putting all his choices forward would split his votes between himself anyway.

Ahh, I didn't know this. I will leave the last one (the Angry Birds one was the most recent) @dbox submitted, and remove the others.

Quote:Again sorry to be nagging.

NP.
grymmjack (gj!)
Thumbs Up 
(06-25-2023, 10:52 AM)grymmjack Wrote:
Quote:Hi @grymmjack

NP. Thanks for looking out.

Quote:First concerning my submission, I had improved my banner after mnrvovcfr's feedback it was improved here:

OK I will fix it. Sorry I missed that. What I did was go through the entire thread and try to find the big pictures you all posted. I didn't read the thread deeply because I was trying to complete the task ASAP. I'll put your new banner in, and replace the old one in the voting options, cool?

Quote:2nd JRace submitted a mod of Terry Ritchie banner that might have been taken as a joke but I liked it for humor and for idea and because Terry seemed happy with mod too. I was going to vote for it! I posted my reasons why too.
The banner is here:

Missed this too. I will add this to the options.

Quote:3rd according to Steve's rules, when someone posts multiple banners (who does that anyway? LOL) he was going to take the last submitted. So I don't know which dbox intended as his submission they all were good but the last was pretty funny all around and probably my 2nd choice. Anyway the point is we should only have one of dbox banners according to rules set by Steve. Putting all his choices forward would split his votes between himself anyway.

Ahh, I didn't know this. I will leave the last one (the Angry Birds one was the most recent) @dbox submitted, and remove the others.

Quote:Again sorry to be nagging.

NP.

@grymmjack Thank you for listening and responding.

I hope I have not pissed off @dbox the last submission was very funny and good spoof but was it intended as final submission?
I could live with that choice or Steve's Phoenix relaxing in lounge chair which sends a positive message.

I've asked enough of grymmjack but can't change my vote to what I said before about voting for JRace so if someone is going to vote for mine, could they reconsider JRace's mod of Terry's work. (Terry's submission reminds me so much of my own million posts from Spring contest Smile  )

BTW I can't change my vote but somehow the votes got shifted, Terry's lost one I gained one. How'd that happen?

@Jack man that is good too! Just put a Phoenix Logo on the laptop, maybe next summer? (It's disappeared, now?)
b = b + ...