Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JackStack - Stacking jack-o-lanterns Halloween game
JackStack is a small Halloween game made during a one-key game challenge in 2021.  Press SPACE to drop a jack-o-lantern.  If you stack them on top of each other perfectly, they will disappear and points will be scored. If you don't stack them perfectly they will start building up.  

The tower of jacks will wobble making it harder to stack perfectly.  If you build up too many jacks, or miss stacking one, the game is over.  See how many points you can score before the game is over.

This is an updated version that didn't make it to the old forum.  Tested and working in Windows and Linux version of QB64-PE.

- Dav

.zip   jackstack-v1.2.zip (Size: 131.53 KB / Downloads: 77)

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Crossword puzzle clue today, Jack's place?

Answer is 5 letters Smile

Hi @Dav, I remember this and a witch being bombarded by candy corn I think. That one was left with a question: was there always a way for the witch to go to escape the corn raining down? Do I have that right? Alzheimer's Test #42 for both of us ;-))
b = b + ...
Hmm, would that answer be Trunk?

Yeah, there was a witch flying through a candy field (which I think you helped me with collision detection), and a spinning wheel thing trying to stop it on the pumpkins, and a candy minefield thing (not sure I ever posted it though).  One more I think. I'll have to dig those up.

- Dav

Yes trunk, very good!
I did the puzzle had filled out trunk? but...
half hour later suddenly it dawned on me, jack!

I don't remember the spinning wheel nor minefield, can't wait for Halloween! ( yes I can ;-))  )
b = b + ...
Cool game! Thanks for sharing!
May your journey be free of incident. Live long and prosper.
Hey thanks, @johnno56!  Good to see you around.

@bplus, now I don't remember if I ever posted the others (most stuff I work on doesn't make it to the forum because I'm bad about not finishing things up).  Here's the little spinning wheel game, which was almost finished.  You press SPACE to stop the wheel on the pumpkin 5 times to win.  

I'll pack up the other games a little later.   My plan was to put them all together in one game for Halloween.

.zip   jackwheel.zip (Size: 125.46 KB / Downloads: 64)

- Dav