Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Banner Contest?
Ideas? 

I was thinking it might be fun to make this also programming generated banner?

Fall theme, but the program would need to be the size of the banner. 

What do y'all think? Animations, static images as long as generated with code, sounds etc?

If interested or have ideas contrary let's talk!

Was thinking deadline could be Oct 1?
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
One idea I had was use qbjs only. And make the banner have a button where it could run the program. Not running on every page, but like a screenshot of the qbjs banner image, and the winners code runs when banner button is clicked. Kinda like the Google logo mini things. Except the banner would reload existing page in play mode. Wouldn't load qbjs until clicked so not disruptive or bandwidth or resource intensive. 

Thoughts?
grymmjack (gj!)
Are you saying we can run a QB64pe program for a banner animation?

It doesn't have to be a GIF?

Have I died and gone to heaven?
b = b + ...
I’ll start looking for a good Trans Am image.
(08-30-2023, 01:06 AM)bplus Wrote: Are you saying we can run a QB64pe program for a banner animation?

It doesn't have to be a GIF?

Have I died and gone to heaven?
@bplus Yes, there is a way to embed qbjs with play mode.

Here is an example.

@dbox I'm not sure how we resize the extents of the "stage" for a specific width and height, but I'm sure we could figure that part out. Also is it possible to make it so the play button auto-plays?

It looks like if we put a width or height on the iframe that'd be the way - so I think I could just create a new mycode for this like [qbjsbanner] -- gonna try.
grymmjack (gj!)
What a cool idea - a qb64 banner of a running qb64 program.  Sounds great!

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
So we can use [ qbjsbanner ] mycode to get a 1400x256 version.

except it looks like qbjs is showing some scroll bars.

i'd love it if we could have an autoplay option and removal of those scrollbars)

@bplus yes. it can be done.

@dbox here is the code I used for the above example.

grymmjack (gj!)
Quote:@bplus Yes, there is a way to embed qbjs with play mode.

So it has to be through QBJS, having some trouble translating stuff that works fine in QB64.
Well I will get on dbox for last 2 troubles then... ;-))

OK back to Earth again with all the nuisance hassles Smile
b = b + ...
Where can I find command set documentation for QBJS? I've searched gGithub (what a mess) but can't seem to find documentation specific to QBJS' use.

For example, I see _LOADIMAGE is supported but obviously I'll need to have the image resources located on the web somewhere to load. From a few of the examples I've looked at _LOADIMAGE in QBJS can do this. Same with _SNDOPEN, etc..

However, when I click on _LOADIMAGE in the supported keyword list I'm taken to "QB64 Official"'s _LOADIMAGE Wiki page. Where is the Wiki specific to QBJS use?
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(08-30-2023, 02:40 PM)grymmjack Wrote: @dbox I'm not sure how we resize the extents of the "stage" for a specific width and height, but I'm sure we could figure that part out. Also is it possible to make it so the play button auto-plays?

Yes, you can use mode=auto.  When you are creating the link in QBJS, just select the 'Auto' option in the 'Launch Mode' dropdown.

Like this: