Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why no...
Why isn't there a cancel button on the reply to a post? I screwed up and had to log-out and log back in just to abandon the attempt to reply to somebody's post. Thank you.

TR
(09-10-2023, 08:55 PM)TarotRedhand Wrote: Why isn't there a cancel button on the reply to a post? I screwed up and had to log-out and log back in just to abandon the attempt to reply to somebody's post. Thank you.

TR

If you just navigate away was it repopulating the editor?

To cancel just don't post and browse away from your edit.

If that is not working, lmk.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
TBH, I didn't try that. I just wanted to abandon the mess that I created. I personally just find it inconsistent that there is no cancel/abandon button and somewhat messy when the existing buttons assume that what you have entered is perfect.

TR
(09-11-2023, 08:57 AM)TarotRedhand Wrote: TBH, I didn't try that. I just wanted to abandon the mess that I created. I personally just find it inconsistent that there is no cancel/abandon button and somewhat messy when the existing buttons assume that what you have entered is perfect.

TR
Most forums that offer a cancel button (Slashdot for example) simply use the cancel button to either back out (same as clicking back, pressing back space key, or ALT-Left Arrow) or simply send the viewer back to the top of the original post. When I want to abandon a comment I use ALT-Left Arrow.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial