Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 V3.9.0 Pondering what might be there?
It's been 3 months since the excellent V3.8 was released.  All the nice things that were included.  Pondering what might be next in V3.9 ?

So what might be planned, and not being pushy "Is there a window of opportunity for V3.9" ? Big Grin
(09-20-2023, 11:53 AM)doppler Wrote: It's been 3 months since the excellent V3.8 was released.  All the nice things that were included.  Pondering what might be next in V3.9 ?

So what might be planned, and not being pushy "Is there a window of opportunity for V3.9" ? Big Grin

Soon™ Big Grin
_SaveImage command added.  
File dialogs can now use the same GUI interface for saving as it does for loading.  (For folks who like the more modern version.)
Lots of little bug fixes.
Thumbs Up 
(09-20-2023, 01:01 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: _SaveImage command added.  
File dialogs can now use the same GUI interface for saving as it does for loading.  (For folks who like the more modern version.)

SaveImage screen section options ie not just the whole screen OR maybe handle option?

Anyway that's a good update / feature!
b = b + ...
(09-20-2023, 01:01 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: Lots of little bug fixes.

I am a coder at heart. Bug fixes are more important that added features.  Unless it's a killer feature.
(09-20-2023, 02:30 PM)doppler Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 01:01 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: Lots of little bug fixes.

I am a coder at heart. Bug fixes are more important that added features.  Unless it's a killer feature.

SaveImage is not killer feature? No, maybe a Maker feature. I am getting 3.9 as soon as it comes out just for that!

But I wouldn't mind the Dialog titles being really fixed this time around either.
Also there was some improvement or fix on the fix for Fonts?

Might be nice to have a upcoming features and fixes board or thread for 3.9 and 3.10....
b = b + ...
I liked to think the QB64 team worked in strict secrecy but...

The SVG import signs me up! How exciting it is to just write up plain SVG "code" and get a picture out of it without loading the document into Inkscape or a web browser.

LOL QOI and QOA, two more multimedia formats in the already crowded field. "Quite OK" Audio, I don't care, OGG Vorbis worked for me since 2002. Heart Not even Opus was able to dethrone it. I have to use MP3 for the Chinese portable speaker at home and otherwise I have no real reason to use that format neither.

_SaveImage - YES!

I've been using your save image routines for some time now. Nice to see they will be incorporated in QB64.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(09-20-2023, 05:25 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:

_SaveImage - YES!

I've been using your save image routines for some time now. Nice to see they will be incorporated in QB64.

One request for saveimage, some way to preserve transparent backgrounds. I was trying some fonts in bmp for FB (to substitute out the 8x8 default they have) and failed every time with transparent backgrounds could not even persuade Paint nor Paint 3D to help. I think I was able to do something with png files in the past.
b = b + ...
(09-20-2023, 06:21 PM)bplus Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 05:25 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:

_SaveImage - YES!

One request for saveimage, some way to preserve transparent backgrounds. I was trying some fonts in bmp for FB (to substitute out the 8x8 default they have) and failed every time with transparent backgrounds could not even persuade Paint nor Paint 3D to help. I think I was able to do something with png files in the past.
BMP files (to my knowledge) don't support transparent backgrounds. PNG files do however.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial