Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesson 22: Hardware Acceleration finished
Lesson22: Hardware Acceleration has been added to the tutorial.

You'll need to update your tutorial folder to get the new programs and assets included with lesson 22.

I've attached the updated tutorial.zip asset file below. Simply move the tutorial folder found in the ZIP file to your QB64 folder. If you already have the tutorial folder allow the files to be overwritten.

Attached Files
.zip   tutorial.zip (Size: 34.91 MB / Downloads: 47)
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Love it and beautifully done!
I also went through the Tutorial Menu and added the commands that are covered in each lesson. Also made the text a big bigger so it's easier to read.
QB64 Tutorial
Thumbs Up 
(09-20-2023, 11:53 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote: I also went through the Tutorial Menu and added the commands that are covered in each lesson. Also made the text a big bigger so it's easier to read.

Good stuff!
b = b + ...
(09-20-2023, 06:31 PM)a740g Wrote: Love it and beautifully done!
Thank you Smile
QB64 Tutorial
Excellent work Terry!  If you ever bundle this all up in a nice offline version, let me know and I'll definitely add it into our Historical Archives.  Wink

https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64-Archives
(09-21-2023, 02:00 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: Excellent work Terry!  If you ever bundle this all up in a nice offline version, let me know and I'll definitely add it into our Historical Archives.  Wink

https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64-Archives
I believe someone was working on that a while back (don't remember who now) but they never got back to me.

What would you, or anyone, suggest the best method for packaging this up in an offline version would be? I would welcome the addition of the tutorial to the archives.
QB64 Tutorial
Wouldn't an epub probably be the easiest way?  Their internal format is honestly very similar to most webpages out there.

The EPUB format is Zip-based and stores resources that make up the publication, including .XML, .XHTML, .NCX, .CSS, and .SVG files. These files contain the publication's contents, including its text, chapter links, cover art, and images.

I'm not certain if your tutorial is html or xhtml. If it's xhtml, the conversion to epub might be as simple as just zipping it all up together with the proper header junk inside.
HTTtrack is another simple solution. It's basically what I use to grab our website and offer it for folks as an offline version every Christmas. Wink

.7z   QB64PE Tutorial.7z (Size: 1.66 MB / Downloads: 36)   <-- Here's a HTTtack mirror from the website, that I think has all the relevant resources and files inside it.  The links need a little tweaking in some cases so they point to local addresses rather than web shortcuts (such as file:///D:/the-tutorial which seems instead should point to file:///D:/Repo/Archived%20Stuff/QB64PE%20Tutorial/Terry's%20Offline%20Tutorial/www.qb64tutorial.com/the-tutorial.html, in my particular case on my drive).

All-in-all though, even if it does require manually moving between topics and such, I still find it quite nice to be able to browse and look at stuff like this whenever I'm offline somewhere and just twiddling my thumbs like at the doctor's office, or whatnot.   Wink