Poll: Choose 1 banner for your vote!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
bplus Falling Leaves
53.33%
8 53.33%
dbox Run and Jump
46.67%
7 46.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall 2023 Banner Contest - Vote here
Question 
We have 2 entries to choose from for Fall Banner 2023.

One from @dbox (the run and jump)
One from @bplus (falling leaves)

Please cast your vote for which banner you would like!

Both banners were created with QBJS, and the winning banner will be embedded to the top of every page of the forum.

Good luck!

We will accept votes until this Friday October 6th, 2023.

@bplus Falling Leaves

@dbox Run and Jump
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
My vote goes to @bplus.

Although @dbox shows some amazing actions in his banner, it unfortunatly completely misses the topic "Fall Banner", except from a couple tiny pumpkins.
Re: bplus Fall Banner
Well dang that scroll bar is blocking out the bottom section of the picture where the hours past midnight is printed and where the leaves are blowing to. And why is the banner cut off even shorter than the 1200 pixels on the right. eeeh... The banner must need to be way less than 1400 X 256 I am certain!

Anyway I voted for dbox because without him we wouldn't even be doing this in QBJS! Reason #6, plus he's due! #7 Smile

Reason #8 we can hold another contest to count the number of pumpkins shown in one loop of running and jumping ;-))
b = b + ...
Another thing I'd request is limiting the animations to 5-10 loops and then stop, as it uses much cpu time, which gears up the fan. So I imagine if you have several forum pages open to eg. write a post and in the same time gather information from other threads/posts, then it could quickly burn the cpu, when on every page the animation is running.

Eg. just the two banners running here while I write this already take 33-37% cpu usage.
I punch "reply" button and my view is immediately changed to the "run-and-jump". Rolleyes

Sadly dbox's entry is going to get a lot more attention, and not everybody "believes" or wants to celebrate the October 31 scandal. One could look at dbox's effort and say, "Gee whiz, I didn't know that could be done on an ancient programming language like BASIC!" Even if that person's computer struggles to display the animation. Even if that person could resist using a web browser to be able to program on QBJS one of those passers-by would be more likely to try it. The effort by bplus would likely cause other older guys like us, full of C++, Python, Rust etc. to go scrambling for their toolkits to attempt to do better. Smile
I'm looking in my toolkit for a scroll bar remover! Smile

Maybe next time _PrintImage to whatever size fits.
b = b + ...
For me, both animations use 29% CPU performance. If I close the page, it's back to 1% to 2% maximum. The animations use too much CPU.
Both animations are a great achievement, but unsuitable as a forum banner.

@dbox - The animation reminds me of Captain Comic, very well done, but what does that have to do with autumn?
(10-04-2023, 11:16 AM)Kernelpanic Wrote: @dbox - The animation reminds me of Captain Comic, very well done, but what does that have to do with autumn?

It was a whole Autumn tileset, kind of a harvest theme.  But yeah, I hear you.  I voted for @bplus too.
I like the dbox banner. It could be an universal banner for QB64PE.
But I voted for bplus, yes it's autumn.
Some of y'all simply have no taste.
Tread on those who tread on you