Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.9.0 Released!
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.9.0!

https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...tag/v3.9.0

Enhancements
  • #368 - Image library enhancements. - @a740g
    • Adds the _SAVEIMAGE `fileName$[, imageHandle&][, requirements$]` statement
      • It can save graphics and text screens / images as `PNG`, `QOI`, `BMP`, `TGA`, `JPG` and `HDR`
    • Adds SVG vector image loading support from files and memory buffers
    • Adds QOI image loading support from files and memory buffers
    • Adds high quality pixel scaler support
      • Scalers can be used only during image loading and thus has zero performance impact when the image is in use
      • Six supported scalers that can be used by specifying the scaler name in _LOADIMAGE's `requirements$` string
        • `SXBR2` - Super-xBR 2x
        • `MMPX2` - MMPX Style-Preserving 2x
        • `HQ2XA` - High Quality Cartoon 2x
        • `HQ2XB` - High Quality Complex 2x
        • `HQ3XA` - High Quality Cartoon 3x
        • `HQ3XB` - High Quality Complex 3x
  • #370, #352, #374 - Audio library enhancements. - @a740g
    • QOA format support
    • Updates `miniaudio` to v0.11.18
    • Includes latest fixes for `Hively Tracker` and `TinySoundFont`
    • Updates `Libxmp-lite` to v4.6.0
    • Removes the legacy LGPL OpenAL audio backend
  • #356, #361 - Adds `Save As` OS-native GUI dialog support to the IDE. - @SMcNeill
  • #373 - IDE editor enhancement. - @RhoSigma
    • Now when the `Home` key is pressed, the cursor will only jump to the `start of line` if its current position is exactly on `start of text`, and from all other positions in the line (including anywhere in the indention space) it will always jump to `start of text`
  • #367 - Adds support for `FNT`, `FON`, `PCF` and `BDF` fixed width bitmap fonts. - @a740g
  • #371 - Updates MinGW. It now supports GCC 13.1.0 with MinGW runtime v11. - @a740g
  • #380 - Adds initial Windows on ARM support using LLVM-MingW. - @a740g
    • For now, Windows on ARM versions of QB64-PE can only be built by locally cloning the repository and then running `setup_win.cmd`
  • #379 - Updates `libstem Gamepad` library to the latest version. - @a740g

Bug Fixes
  • #351 - Fixes an issue where fonts were getting vertically misaligned. - @a740g
  • #367 - Fixes a seg-fault when using fonts on macOS as reported by @grymmjack. - @a740g
  • #353 - Fixes `DECLARE DYNAMIC LIBRARY` path issue. - @a740g
    • QB64-PE will no longer replace `./` with an absolute path
  • #358 - Fixes a bug that was hiding part of the IDE screen by the Window frame when compiled with LLVM-MingW. - @a740g
  • #365 - Patches a compiler function `CopyFile()` to clear the file first before writing. - @SMcNeill
  • #366 - Fixes `CONST Blink` (`$COLOR:0`) and `_BLINK` name collision with `$NOPREFIX` is used. - @SMcNeill
  • #372 - Fixes `PRINT` to print spaces and tabs correctly when `_KEEPBACKGROUND` is set. - @a740g
  • #377 - Fixes wrong KSL (key scale shift) values in `RAD player`. - @a740g

**Full Changelog**: v3.8.0...v3.9.0
Awesome! Thanks for the work you put into this guys. Can't wait to check out the new features.

I added the announcement to the recent updates in the tutorial.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(10-05-2023, 06:49 AM)TerryRitchie Wrote: Awesome! Thanks for the work you put into this guys. Can't wait to check out the new features.

I added the announcement to the recent updates in the tutorial.
Thank you, Terry! BTW, your `QB64 Tutorial` site looks slick! Heart
Thank you @a740g, you once again did a lot of image/sound enhancements for us, the pixel scalers are my favorite addition in this release Heart
Thanks you all for another update!  Cool about the fnt/fon fonts added - I have a bunch of those I’ve made and now I can use them.

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Heart Really awesome!

I can't wait to get some more time to try all these great new features!

Well done @a740g @rhosigma @smcneill @offbyone et. al.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
Thank you for this release.

Well, to find out what is this QOA and QOI...
Quite Okay Audio (Image)
https://qoiformat.org
https://qoaformat.org
I discovered a bug in QB64PE that also existed in 3.8.0. Before reporting the bug, I went ahead and upgraded to 3.9.0. According to the Wiki and help pages, ENVIRON can be used like `ENVIRON "myParamter=myValue"` or `ENVIRON "myParamter myValue"`. On Zorin (Ubuntu based), only the space version works. Nothing is set when using the equals sign version of the syntax. I'm not sure if this bug exists in Windows or not as I haven't yet updated my Windows install. The issue is also present when running 3.9.0 through Wine, so I'd imagine this is happening in Windows as well. It works fine either way in Windows (tested on work PC).

Using equals sign syntax:

Using space syntax:

EDIT: I realize now I probably should have posted this elsewhere.

P.S. Congrats on the new release and I look forward to trying more of the new features.
Tread on those who tread on you

Using the 32-bit windows version.  Getting this message now in 3.9.0 when selecting 'Run Only'.  It worked in previous version:

MENU ITEM [Run #Only (No EXE) NOT IMPLEMENTED!

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner