Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheers for RhoSigma and all the Wiki Upkeepers
Below is our credit page for the latest release:

(10-05-2023, 06:31 AM)a740g Wrote: QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.9.0!

https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...tag/v3.9.0

Enhancements
  • #368 - Image library enhancements. - @a740g
    • Adds the _SAVEIMAGE `fileName$[, imageHandle&][, requirements$]` statement
      • It can save graphics and text screens / images as `PNG`, `QOI`, `BMP`, `TGA`, `JPG` and `HDR`
    • Adds SVG vector image loading support from files and memory buffers
    • Adds QOI image loading support from files and memory buffers
    • Adds high quality pixel scaler support
      • Scalers can be used only during image loading and thus has zero performance impact when the image is in use
      • Six supported scalers that can be used by specifying the scaler name in _LOADIMAGE's `requirements$` string
        • `SXBR2` - Super-xBR 2x
        • `MMPX2` - MMPX Style-Preserving 2x
        • `HQ2XA` - High Quality Cartoon 2x
        • `HQ2XB` - High Quality Complex 2x
        • `HQ3XA` - High Quality Cartoon 3x
        • `HQ3XB` - High Quality Complex 3x
  • #370, #352, #374 - Audio library enhancements. - @a740g
    • QOA format support
    • Updates `miniaudio` to v0.11.18
    • Includes latest fixes for `Hively Tracker` and `TinySoundFont`
    • Updates `Libxmp-lite` to v4.6.0
    • Removes the legacy LGPL OpenAL audio backend
  • #356, #361 - Adds `Save As` OS-native GUI dialog support to the IDE. - @SMcNeill
  • #373 - IDE editor enhancement. - @RhoSigma
    • Now when the `Home` key is pressed, the cursor will only jump to the `start of line` if its current position is exactly on `start of text`, and from all other positions in the line (including anywhere in the indention space) it will always jump to `start of text`
  • #367 - Adds support for `FNT`, `FON`, `PCF` and `BDF` fixed width bitmap fonts. - @a740g
  • #371 - Updates MinGW. It now supports GCC 13.1.0 with MinGW runtime v11. - @a740g
  • #380 - Adds initial Windows on ARM support using LLVM-MingW. - @a740g
    • For now, Windows on ARM versions of QB64-PE can only be built by locally cloning the repository and then running `setup_win.cmd`
  • #379 - Updates `libstem Gamepad` library to the latest version. - @a740g

Bug Fixes
  • #351 - Fixes an issue where fonts were getting vertically misaligned. - @a740g
  • #367 - Fixes a seg-fault when using fonts on macOS as reported by @grymmjack. - @a740g
  • #353 - Fixes `DECLARE DYNAMIC LIBRARY` path issue. - @a740g
    • QB64-PE will no longer replace `./` with an absolute path
  • #358 - Fixes a bug that was hiding part of the IDE screen by the Window frame when compiled with LLVM-MingW. - @a740g
  • #365 - Patches a compiler function `CopyFile()` to clear the file first before writing. - @SMcNeill
  • #366 - Fixes `CONST Blink` (`$COLOR:0`) and `_BLINK` name collision with `$NOPREFIX` is used. - @SMcNeill
  • #372 - Fixes `PRINT` to print spaces and tabs correctly when `_KEEPBACKGROUND` is set. - @a740g
  • #377 - Fixes wrong KSL (key scale shift) values in `RAD player`. - @a740g

**Full Changelog**: v3.8.0...v3.9.0

One thing that I want to point out that's missing is all the credit that should go to @RhoSigma and everyone else who helps edit, upkeep, and enhance our wiki.  The main thing we track in release notes is who pushed what changes into the language, but everyone take a moment out of your day to remember to thank Rho and the rest for keeping the wiki up to date and valid for us!

After all, how useful would any of these nice new features be, without documentation and examples to show us how to use them??

Let me be the first to say that I'm personally very grateful for RhoSigma's hard work on the wiki and keeping it up and going, and integrating it into the IDE for quick Help for us! 

RhoSigma -- YOU'RE A HERO, EVEN IF YOU DON'T GET HALF THE CREDIT YOU SHOULD MOST OF THE TIME!!  Big Grin
(10-07-2023, 01:05 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: One thing that I want to point out that's missing is all the credit that should go to @RhoSigma and everyone else who helps edit, upkeep, and enhance our wiki.  The main thing we track in release notes is who pushed what changes into the language, but everyone take a moment out of your day to remember to thank Rho and the rest for keeping the wiki up to date and valid for us!
After all, how useful would any of these nice new features be, without documentation and examples to show us how to use them??
Let me be the first to say that I'm personally very grateful for RhoSigma's hard work on the wiki and keeping it up and going, and integrating it into the IDE for quick Help for us! 
RhoSigma -- YOU'RE A HERO, EVEN IF YOU DON'T GET HALF THE CREDIT YOU SHOULD MOST OF THE TIME!!  Big Grin
I couldn't agree more! Rho's work on the wiki and its seamless integration into the IDE has become my go-to resource. I can't imagine using QB64-PE without it.

Thank you, Rho!
The Wiki is something I use all the time and am very grateful to Rho and others for keeping it up.

Hell, I'm also happy they don't use exclamation points everywhere! (if you've been with QB64 for a while you'll know that reference, LOL)

Seriously though, the efforts are much appreciated.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
3 Cheers! @RhoSigma

I think of you every time I see those great graphics in the on-line Wiki and it's ease of use.

Thankyou
b = b + ...
Who were those masked coders with the cape? Rho and the Legion of Wiki-ers. Honestly, without what you guys do, I wouldn't have a hope of understanding the power of Basic. I do very much appreciate the contributions you all make. Thank you for same.
A great achievement! It's always amazing to see what people are willing to do when they believe in something.
Yes, THANK YOU for all the wiki/help work you do.  I use it all the time, it's such a help.

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Thank you for all the work you do so this hobbyist programmer can keep having fun.