Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBJS - General Question for Web Development
Star 
Hi there!

I'm actually a long time veteran with a new name (aren't we all?) Smile I have a general question concerning web development and QBJS.

Although it seems interesting enough with ElectronJS, I am primarily interested in embedding an HTML5 module for Chrome and Firefox to implement my web sites as standalone projects. About 10 or 15 years ago, QB64 was just a standalone compiler, but it has grown significantly over the past 10 years, and with the QBJS project, it's really starting to "PEEK" my interest.  Big Grin

Is there a compiler I can use to where I can generate QB64 code and save the output as a package, resource, or folder where I can just plug it on and go?

I will be using an old version of Dreamweaver for this, and basically link to my pages in an old-school fashion.

I'm relatively out of the do/loop for this, though.

Last time I generated a project in was 2012 and I was using NSBASIC. I've heard a few years ago that SpiderBasic can do this too, but haven't checked it out yet.

Is there a wiki for this or a simple framework in a cookbook fashion where I can just automatically write ny QB64 code, and instead of compiling it, I can automatically export it to Javascript as I would NSBASIC?

Thanks in advance!
James
Hi James,

The easiest way to export your project to HTML/Javascript is through the QBJS IDE.  If you click the share/export button and select either auto or play mode you will see an Export button.  Clicking this will download a zip of the compiled JS and html.

Let me know if this gets you what you are looking for.
Quote:Hi James,

The easiest way to export your project to HTML/Javascript is through the QBJS IDE.  If you click the share/export button and select either auto or play mode you will see an Export button.  Clicking this will download a zip of the compiled JS and html.

Let me know if this gets you what you are looking for.
Wow! I'm not easily impressed, but for the record: I'm impressed! Exclamation Heart

Very straight-forward, and this is exactly what I needed, I did not even need the Wiki because I can do QB64 and just make a framework around a page and do everything that is needed.

Although the other Basics may be of use for if you are programatically trying to enhance, style, or add features to a primary web page (which nsbasic/spderbasic/etc is good for), the reality is that it is only for cosmetic improvements, and 98% of everything you need is now contained by javascript for a web app. All you need to do is export the framework, add it as a link on your site, and go!

This is exactly what I wanted it to do, and it is all falling into place beautifully.

QB64 and QBJS combined is exactly what I was looking for -- and waiting for -- for 10+ years.

I just didn't realize how easy you've made everything until now!

Thank you Dbox, and everyone contributing to this! Smile
Awesome, well let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback.  QBJS is definitely still a work in progress.  If you do need additional documentation the following links might be useful:

QBasic Language Support
An outline of the level of QB/QB64 compatibility as well as any differences.

Supported Keywords
A list of all of the QB45 and QB64 keywords that are currently supported by QBJS as well as a few extended libraries that are unique to QBJS.