Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAM Draw
Although I've got some small things left to do along with some code cleanup, this ASCII drawing program seems to be working A-1.

For details: https://basicanywheremachine-news.blogsp...-draw.html

Do you have a way to save these Masterpieces?
b = b + ...
(11-06-2023, 02:26 PM)bplus Wrote: Do you have a way to save these Masterpieces?

A drawing is saved to browser local storage.  So the next time you open BAM Draw, it will offer the choice of either a New drawing or to Continue the previous drawing.

At some point, I'm going to setup an export as DATA statements to a text file.

To save an image before creating a new one, right-click the console window (best place: somewhere in the footer menu that is blank, i.e. does not have anything to left-click on), to access your browser's context menu, and click on "Save As" to save the drawing as a PNG image.

At the moment, BAM handles only one drawing at a time.  Eventually, I'd like to set it up for multiple named drawings.
A tropical paradise...   

[Image: image.png]

(I noticed the program can lose focus after a pop-up window, but exiting and coming back works okay).
Thumbs Up 
Well now thanks to Jarvis showpiece, I now see great sense in using Ansii charaters with 2 color system.

Nice drawing James!
b = b + ...
(11-07-2023, 03:22 PM)James D Jarvis Wrote: A tropical paradise...   

(I noticed the program can lose focus after a pop-up window, but exiting and coming back works okay).

Hey, that is quite a pretty drawing.

Loss of keyboard focus after a pop-up?  Thanks for reporting!  I must see if there is a way to return keyboard focus back to the window.
(11-07-2023, 03:22 PM)James D Jarvis Wrote: A tropical paradise...   

Pop-up window from where?
Following clicking on the foreground symbol. It did not freeze up in this instance.
(11-07-2023, 09:28 PM)James D Jarvis Wrote: [Image: image.png]
Following clicking on the foreground symbol. It did not freeze up in this instance.

I can't duplicate the problem.  I wonder if it is device / OS specific?
I'm running windows and using their latest browser. I actually haven't gotten the freeze up again. I'll let you know if I see it again in the BAM program or another.