Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
raspberry PI and _Dest _console
_Dest _Console doesn't work on my Pi, I am guessing that it silently launches a non-existing terminal with the result that nothing happens
the Pi's terminal is lxterminal, can one of the QB64pe developers point me to where in the source code I need to make the change?
_Dest _Console just makes print and loc commands affect the console output, it doesn't call a console up. You should run the program on your Pi in a terminal window, I think. Using $CONSOLE on Windows would make one appear but I do not think that works on Linux.
Tread on those who tread on you

I have $Console:Only before _Dest _Console
maybe one of the developers will chime in and clarify
`$Console` and `_Dest _Console` just causes your program to write to standard-out and read from standard-in, it doesn't launch a terminal emulator. If you want to see the output of the process then you have to start a terminal and run the executable in it.

If you're running the program via the IDE and hitting F5, we don't launch your program inside of a terminal so you won't see the console output without running the executable yourself. Potentially we could give that as an option since it would be a bit handy, but currently it's not there.
Ok, thanks Smile