Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pipes Puzzle - Maze connect game
PIPES PUZZLE is a maze connect game.  Click on the pipes to rotate & connect them all and to make the water flow.  The top left pipe is where the water starts, so go from there.  When the board is all connected then the level is complete.  Complete all levels to win the game.

- Dav

.zip   PipesPuzzle-v1.0.zip (Size: 105.76 KB / Downloads: 98)

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
I'm confused (again): I downloaded the file and extracted it, but all I got was  pics of various pipes ( which look good), but nothing to move them with. Are you wanting a critique of the pics, or am I missing something, or did you miss something? Confused
(04-23-2022, 11:44 PM)PhilOfPerth Wrote: I'm confused (again): I downloaded the file and extracted it, but all I got was  pics of various pipes ( which look good), but nothing to move them with. Are you wanting a critique of the pics, or am I missing something, or did you miss something? Confused

Hi Phil,

Did you find the pipes.bas source file to run in your IDE to compile?

This is one of my favorites from Dav. Hate to see you miss out. ;-))

BTW Dav, works fine in my spank'in new Linux.

Attached Files Image(s)

I didn't see it, sorry; it was buried among the .png files. But, having said that, when I run it I get an "invalid handle" error message! I'm starting to think I may not have all the files for QB64 to work correctly. Any ideas what might be needed?
(04-24-2022, 12:26 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote: I didn't see it, sorry; it was buried among the .png files. But, having said that, when I run it I get an "invalid handle" error message! I'm starting to think I may not have all the files for QB64 to work correctly. Any ideas what might be needed?

Yes make sure under the Run Menu in the IDE the "Output EXE to Source Folder" has a bullet!

See black highlited line in snapshot.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ah, that was it!
I've never changed that menu setting (I don't think). My own programmes work ok without that change though.
Did I miss something in the Install instructions to tell me to change that,, or should it be added to the instructions? or maybe turned on by default?

A nice game, Dav!
I enjoy it, and I'm sure my grandkids will later today. Well done.
(04-24-2022, 12:45 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote: Ah, that was it!
I've never changed that menu setting (I don't think). My own programmes work ok without that change though.
Did I miss something in the Install instructions to tell me to change that,, or should it be added to the instructions? or maybe  turned on by default?

A nice game, Dav!
I enjoy it, and I'm sure my grandkids will later today. Well done.

The message comes up in later versions when you run your first code off a brand new QB64.exe file.
Ah, could catch, @bplus.  I think i will put a notice in my code from here on when the EXE needs to be in a certain directory to run.  Thanks for the linux report too.

Glad it runs for you now, @PhilOfPerth.

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner