Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenges
Not sure where this thread will go but I love the little challenges we throw out now and then at the old forum so...
___________________________________________________________________________________________

I threw a challenge out at Halloween 2021 and Pete was IMHO clear winner and I promised to get in Library Samples but Qwerkey (sp? he's not here as member?) never got around to it and Pete kinda disappeared for awhile...

Anyway this was an amazing answer to my challenge that mixes TheBOB and even Galleon's Invader's (I think) and QB64 IDE Screen? along with Pete's own razz-ma-tazz. BTW you were allowed to use only one key through out the game/graphic.

Pete used the alt key as his one key through which you do everything. 
Use alt to alter direction of rail canon, use it to input your 3 initials for High Score (works on timer setting letter if not changed after so many seconds.) There might be a bug or 3 initials might be required. When I was testing this game today, post date, I had a really good game, got through first screen but only used B for initials? So that score is gone, glitch or my error ? Anyway it's really cool what Pete put together here!

In zip I left in the Windows exe and ascii-invaders-high-score txt file, along with the needed 9 ogg files and One Key Halloween by Pete.bas source file.

Pete's High Score screen was a really nice addition to mix of Galleon and TheBob work.

Just out of curiosity how was the IDE screen designed? I imagine it evolved from a clone of old QB screen.

Attached Files Image(s)

.zip   Pete One Key Halloween.zip (Size: 2.79 MB / Downloads: 50)
b = b + ...
To clarify, The Invaders was all me, not Rob. I made an earlier edition that spoofed Rob's IDE work. I coded a replica of his QB64 IDE display screen, and coded a space invaders game in it. It was nice to revive that and combine it with TheBOB's Happy Halloween graphics. and lightning sound effects.

Pete
Thanks for clarification @Pete

I have to ask for one more, are 3 Letters required for the High Score?

PS I probably added an edit after you read the first post. (<< edit again, sign, sorry I keep missing what I mean to say, low on blood sugar I guess past lunchtime.)
b = b + ...
Can't say I recall, but I see you got away with posting just one initial for the second highest. I do recall the challenge was something like we could only use one key. That was fun!

Pete
(04-27-2022, 06:00 PM)Pete Wrote: Can't say I recall, but I see you got away with posting just one initial for the second highest. I do recall the challenge was something like we could only use one key. That was fun!

Pete

Yeah, I am glad I got screen shot of it before it disappeared, or it'd be the story of the fish that got away, that Ernest Hemmingway stole for Old Man of the Sea, ha!

But when I reloaded game, that high score was gone and only the crummy first game score was listed.

Pete, what are your 3 initials? ;-))  (just kidding)
b = b + ...
Confirmation: You do need to get 3 letters filled out for the High Score to register ie with a musical acknowledgement.

I must have had one B in there and quit after I got the Screen shot I wanted.
b = b + ...
Yeah the challenges were fun.  That invaders game was cool, Pete!   I never posted my finished halloween game.  It didn't qualify, wasn't in SCREEN 0, but did use one key to play the 4 mini games:  Pumpkin stacker, Flying witch through candy corn, Wheel spinner, Candy Mine.  Guess I can save it for next October!

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
(04-28-2022, 01:26 AM)Dav Wrote: Yeah the challenges were fun.  That invaders game was cool, Pete!   I never posted my finished halloween game.  It didn't qualify, wasn't in SCREEN 0, but did use one key to play the 4 mini games:  Pumpkin stacker, Flying witch through candy corn, Wheel spinner, Candy Mine.  Guess I can save it for next October!

- Dav

Looking forward to it!

Pete
If eggs are brain food, Biden has his scrambled.

OK folks Halloween is 4 months away, you are going to need all of them to beat these 2 coding devils!
b = b + ...
(05-04-2022, 01:36 AM)bplus Wrote: OK folks Halloween is 4 months away, you are going to need all of them to beat these 2 coding devils!

Wow, so Halloween in Ohio is August 31st. Good to know!

Pete Big Grin