Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBJS v0.8.0 - Release
Hi All,

The latest version of QBJS (0.8.0) is now available.  Here are some highlights for this release:

Language Support
A major focus of this release was improvements to QB/QB64 language support and compatibility.  This includes many compiler improvements as well as adding support for over 30 additional keywords.  Some highlights include:
- Support for SOUND
- QB64 string compression: _Deflate$, _Inflate$
- Support for STATIC variables in functions and subs
- QB64 keywords can be used with or without leading underscore.

IDE Enhancements
Numerous fixes and enhancements to the IDE were included in this release.  There is now a shortcut key for stopping the running application (SHIFT+F5).  Files can now be uploaded to the virtual file system via an upload link in addition to the already supported drag and drop method. The largest and most visible change is the inclusion of a new integrated help tab to the console.  This includes content directly from the github wiki.

2D Graphics Library
New methods were added to the extended 2d graphics library to apply dashed line style to any line drawing method as well as the ability to draw an inverted rect.

Special thanks and shout out to @grymmjack and @FellippeHeitor for code contributions to this release!  @grymmjack contributed the SOUND keyword as well as the new QB64 VSCode theme.  @FellippeHeitor submitted a number of fixes and enhancements to the file I/O.

See the full release announcement for a complete list of fixes and enhancements.

Check it out online here: https://qbjs.org
Thumbs Up 
(01-20-2024, 03:34 PM)dbox Wrote: Hi All,

The latest version of QBJS (0.8.0) is now available.  Here are some highlights for this release:

Language Support
A major focus of this release was improvements to QB/QB64 language support and compatibility.  This includes many compiler improvements as well as adding support for over 30 additional keywords.  Some highlights include:
- Support for SOUND
- QB64 string compression: _Deflate$, _Inflate$
- Support for STATIC variables in functions and subs
- QB64 keywords can be used with or without leading underscore.

IDE Enhancements
Numerous fixes and enhancements to the IDE were included in this release.  There is now a shortcut key for stopping the running application (SHIFT+F5).  Files can now be uploaded to the virtual file system via an upload link in addition to the already supported drag and drop method. The largest and most visible change is the inclusion of a new integrated help tab to the console.  This includes content directly from the github wiki.

2D Graphics Library
New methods were added to the extended 2d graphics library to apply dashed line style to any line drawing method as well as the ability to draw an inverted rect.

Special thanks and shout out to @grymmjack and @FellippeHeitor for code contributions to this release!  @grymmjack contributed the SOUND keyword as well as the new QB64 VSCode theme.  @FellippeHeitor submitted a number of fixes and enhancements to the file I/O.

See the full release announcement for a complete list of fixes and enhancements.

Check it out online here: https://qbjs.org

Always great to see progress on this project, and with helpers now too! Yeah!
b = b + ...
Awesome!  Great update.  

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Here's a quick example of how to use the new LineDash extended graphics method:

Here's an example of how to use the new InvertRect method.  This one could potentially be useful for drawing cursors or selections over a varied background:

Attached Files
.zip   invert-rect.zip (Size: 1.65 MB / Downloads: 195)
Star 
An important milestone, @dbox! Congratulations! 
Heart
Looking good!
I tried it and I really like it! it's unbelievable that it works from a browser! It would be nice to have a full-screen mode and more serious graphics commands. android compatibility. I really like the initiative! I really want to make some of my programs platform independent. This is a great opportunity to do so. I wish you success and perseverance for further development!
(01-22-2024, 09:42 PM)MasterGy Wrote: I tried it and I really like it! it's unbelievable that it works from a browser! It would be nice to have a full-screen mode and more serious graphics commands. android compatibility. I really like the initiative! I really want to make some of my programs platform independent. This is a great opportunity to do so. I wish you success and perseverance for further development!
Thanks for giving it a try @MasterGy!  I'd be curious as to what additional graphics commands you'd like to see.  I'm assuming _MapTriangle is one of them.  What else did you have in mind?

Also, thanks to @Dav, @FellippeHeitor and @James_D_Jarvis for the kind words!
how did you know I meant '_maptriagle'? Smile)))))