Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBJS Sound Demo
Here's a little demo app to show off the SOUND support in QBJS.  Thanks again to @grymmjack for the code contribution!

(I resisted the urge to make this with newfangled web controls and just went old school text UI.)

Wow so fun and such a great demo! It was fun to add the keyword. You made it ridiculously easy to participate man. The way you setup the development and API and so on is awesome. Congrats also on the new version!

Heart
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
I got this weird artifact when I turned gain down:

[Image: Captura-de-Tela-2024-01-22-a-s-22-33-28.png]

(sorry for hogging the thread, this has nothing to do with the SOUND capabilities you're demoing - which are SO COOL, btw).
Interesting, what browser?
Ha, I just noticed that my labels were reversed on the Decay controls.  Fixed in the original post.
(01-23-2024, 03:06 AM)dbox Wrote: Interesting, what browser?

That was in MS Edge, running on macOS.
(01-22-2024, 09:21 PM)dbox Wrote: Here's a little demo app to show off the SOUND support in QBJS.  Thanks again to @grymmjack for the code contribution!
Thanks for sharing this! 
Pretty neat - I'm hearing polyphony pressing >1 keys simultaneously. 
So has QBJS jumped ahead of QB64PE with audio support? 
(I recall reading that QB64PE's SOUND command would support >1 channels later on, but not yet.)
If so, this would be a practical reason for me to finally jump into QBJS.
(01-24-2024, 04:04 PM)madscijr Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 09:21 PM)dbox Wrote: Here's a little demo app to show off the SOUND support in QBJS.  Thanks again to @grymmjack for the code contribution!
Thanks for sharing this! 
(I recall reading that QB64PE's SOUND command would support >1 channels later on, but not yet.)

I wouldn't say ahead, as it lacks PLAY. Also there are a lot of things in QB64PE that might be missing in QBJS including the ability to play tracker modules, MIDI files, soundfonts, etc.

It's a little closer with SOUND - this mirrors actually (or is inspired by) the changes that @a740g made to SOUND that added waveform types and volume ramps.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
(01-25-2024, 03:28 AM)grymmjack Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 04:04 PM)madscijr Wrote:
Thanks for sharing this! 
I wouldn't say ahead, as it lacks PLAY. Also there are a lot of things in QB64PE that might be missing in QBJS including the ability to play tracker modules, MIDI files, soundfonts, etc.

It's a little closer with SOUND - this mirrors actually (or is inspired by) the changes that @a740g made to SOUND that added waveform types and volume ramps.
I don't think QB64PE supports polyphony yet (can't wait for that!), so in that QBJS has jumped ahead. 

What would need to change to get your program working in regular desktop QB64PE?
I think for polyphony you need Mormon Basic, but I could be wrong.

I also think Fell's use of MS Edge in an Apple computer must have Steve Jobs looping in his grave.

Oh, but the main reason I'm replying is I'm catching up on some posts, and this one literally ROCKS!

+2

Pete