Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New icon for QB64PE
Hi to all

I like the actual phoenix icon. However, it is a little blurry in my Windows taskbar, and I prefer simply icons.

I have created a new icon for QB64PE, "inspired" in the old non-PE logo, hope you like it. I also have compiled the IDE with a .ICO version of this image; for me it is easier to identify it in the taskbar.

[Image: Imagen4.png]
10 PRINT "Hola! Smile"
20 GOTO 10
(01-24-2024, 04:10 PM)Ikerkaz Wrote: Hi to all

I like the actual phoenix icon. However, it is a little blurry in my Windows taskbar, and I prefer simply icons.

I have created a new icon for QB64PE, "inspired" in the old non-PE logo, hope you like it. I also have compiled the IDE with a .ICO version of this image; for me it is easier to identify it in the taskbar.

[Image: Imagen4.png]
Nice

Is it easy to recompile the IDE ?
45y and 2M lines of MBASIC>BASICA>QBASIC>QBX>QB64 experience
I have no problem distinguishing QB64 current v2.1 used at another forum and QB64pe used here on my toolbar:

But it would be much easier to confuse the two if we went with your suggestion.
b = b + ...
nice, freebasic is now on the list and JB still #1!
Yeah and I save dessert for last!
b = b + ...
There were some similar suggestions for new icons early on the pe project. My problem with them is that they did not retain the (IMO) crucially important "64" in the icon. The fact that qb became compatible with 64-bit machines is what drove me to the original Galleon qb64. And then from there, all the other big improvements came to light.
(01-25-2024, 03:23 AM)bert22306 Wrote: There were some similar suggestions for new icons early on the pe project. My problem with them is that they did not retain the (IMO) crucially important "64" in the icon. The fact that qb became compatible with 64-bit machines is what drove me to the original Galleon qb64. And then from there, all the other big improvements came to light.
I have designed another icon with the "64" on it, here you have:

[Image: img.png]
10 PRINT "Hola! Smile"
20 GOTO 10