Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBJS - Running a compiled program locally
I started a new thread here to respond to @Pete without further hijacking @Mastergy's thread...

(03-22-2024, 02:46 AM)Pete Wrote: I guess I have some loose concept of someday putting together an HTML page I can run locally, with various input fields and boxes to click, which would run programs that would interact with the html page, itself. That way I get the beauty and ease of HTML/CSS pages with the mechanical functionality of QB64.

Pete

So, that you can certainly do today.  If you click the share button...

...in one of the examples below and then choose "Auto" as the mode and click "Export"...

...you will be prompted to download a "program.zip".  You can then just unzip this file and double-click the index.html to run in a local browser.

Simple Web Calculator

Vince's Egg Designer 2000
This one allows you to use web controls to modify the traditional QB screen:
Murphy's Law. Start a new thread, and in just one post, we're done!

Yeah, that's pretty much the whole shootin' match. Does exactly what I was talking about. +2

Thanks! Heart

Pete
If you get super ambitious @Pete you can also create executables and self-contained downloads using NWJS or such. I made a video on it if you're interested LMK. TL;DR: it would let you double click an exe file instead of open a web page.

It's a big package to download and contains a ton of files and fancy workflow is required to get it built, but it's doable for sure and many many programs exist that use it (or Electron, or so on).

Psyched to see Yosemite Sam playing in QBJS!

Hi @dbox
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
Well darn, that's handy.