Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Finder v20....ready
Some thoughts about the game:

Made in QB64, the goal was to create a psychedelic effect using visuals and sound, so it's not recommended for those sensitive to it.

The background music serves more than setting a mood; every graphic effect changes in sync with specific parts of the music. The smallest unit of graphic change occurs in 1/4th of the time between two beats (approximately 0.1784 seconds). To achieve this, I created a simple tracker program to mark activity in different graphic tracks. Changes are in real-time connection with the background music, and the stereo balance of the narration fluctuates rhythmically with the music.

I intentionally chose a blue-red theme for colors, focusing on 'Chromastereopsis.' Exploiting the visual deviation when perceiving blue and red colors, objects of these colors are perceived at slightly different depths.

In the game, there are visual elements that appear for a very short duration, almost unnoticed. These moments act as "subliminal stimuli." Although there isn't enough time to consciously perceive them, they still imprint on our minds and influence our thoughts. Even when our attention is not focused on them, our consciousness reacts. In theory...

While the audio-visual stimuli can be tiring or even painful for many, those who can appreciate are advised to use headphones for stereo balance control to better 'see' the graphics.

Unfortunately, video compression sometimes skips frames, resulting in a loss of the essence and a reduced psychedelic effect. The 'flash' is missing, and the carefully designed stimuli are experienced only during gameplay.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_hrQLSv...sp=sharing
This is amazing work mastergy. Its pretty amazing how well the computer can handle sound in real time.

That said, if there was ever a program that could induce a seizure in an otherwise normal person, I think you have made such a program.

Don't stop! You da man!
more more more planned visual effects ! if you play, you will meet Jesus! Smile
Added very evil enemies ! What's more, I was also treated to a German-language forum host, with a legendary German-language narration! Smile

download in the first post!

This has the be the most fascinating and intriguing yet disturbing project I have followed.

I love it!
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(03-14-2024, 09:49 PM)MasterGy Wrote: Added very evil enemies ! What's more, I was also treated to a German-language forum host, with a legendary German-language narration! Smile

download in the first post!
Very impressive! I don't suppose you'd be interested in making it more like an RPG where players collect weapons and armor and it plays more like Dungeons & Dragons? 

In any case, keep up the good work - you are very talented.
Thanks for sharing!