Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Costs and Donations
I've always been amazed by how generous our community of hobbyists have been.  The forums here are no more than a few days old, and already people have started to send me private messages asking if they can help donate anything to offset the cost involved in setting things up.

First, let me be perfectly clear and say for the record:  There's absolutely no reason for anyone to donate or send any money to help support the forums here, or our hosting costs!!

Here, for the record, is the receipt for how much these forums cost for me to set up, and this includes unlimited storage, along with the domain name for a year.

[Image: web-cost.png]

Less than $100.00 for a whole year for this!  That's hardly going to break my bank account at all, so let me repeat once again:  There's absolutely no reason for anyone to donate or send any money to help support the forums here, or our hosting costs!!

Now, with that said, if someone still wants to send me money, I'm not going to get in a fist fight with them to stop them.  After all, one way I make extra cash on the side has always been from people donating to me via paypal for the books I upload to various sites in webnovel form.

If you absolutely must give a donation, do so via here:  Donate to Steve!!

Paypal can sort out all the currency and tax issues, and all that good stuff, and I'll just leave whatever ends up in this paypal account alone and when time comes to renew in the future, I'll just direct hostgator to take the money from there directly.  Smile