Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB4PE Spring Banner Contest!
OK here's my submission:

Attached Files
.zip   Spring 2024 Banner b+ submission.zip (Size: 1.19 MB / Downloads: 16)
b = b + ...
Nice one @bplus!  I like the animation effect.
I dare it rain on my Windows!

Hey, what's up? Spring was yesterday and I still haven't received my prize money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete Big Grin
(03-22-2024, 10:12 PM)dbox Wrote: Nice one @bplus!  I like the animation effect:

Thanks for the animation, I was hoping someone could figure it out Smile

I wonder why the easter egg isn't working in your code, while running from IDE?

from my download check:

It's not too hard to find.
b = b + ...
I found the egg, but I suppose I won't get a prize for that either. I miss the old .net site. At least with the <marquee> tag we could throw each other a parade!

[marquee] Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin [/marquee]

See? Does nothing!

Pete

- I love a pair-raid. I get some of the best fruits there.
I found the error in dbox code:
Code: (Select All)
For i = 0 To nDrops
    newDrop i, 1
Next
'Color , &HFF009900
While _KeyDown(27) = 0
    'Cls
    _PutImage , wallpaper&, 0 ' <<<<<<<<<<  not paper&  use wallpaper&
    For i = 0 To nDrops
        drawDrop (i)
        drop(i).curY = drop(i).curY + 1
        If drop(i).curY > Len(s$(i)) Then newDrop i, 0
    Next
    '_PutImage (25, 18)-Step(220, 220), l&, 0
    _PutImage (25, 18)-(245, 238), l&, 0
    _Display
    'If InKey$ = " " Then _SaveImage "Spring 2024 Matrix.png"
    _Limit 15
Wend

Quote:but I suppose I won't get a prize for that either
Big Grin
b = b + ...
Ah, good catch @bplus. I forgot to undo some of my debugging.
Problem is, we tried something with animation last time already, and it didn't turn out good for most people as it steals focus and scrolls the animation into the visible Browser area with each new loop. So we finally made it a still image again.

Just from clicking "Reply" here I see it still does the same. Instead bringing the editor area into the visible space, it immediately scrolls down to the first animation and also burns the CPU here. As long as QBJS behaves that way, animation is a "no go" at least for me.
(03-23-2024, 08:13 AM)RhoSigma Wrote: Problem is, we tried something with animation last time already, and it didn't turn out good for most people as it steals focus and scrolls the animation into the visible Browser area with each new loop. So we finally made it a still image again.

Just from clicking "Reply" here I see it still does the same. Instead bringing the editor area into the visible space, it immediately scrolls down to the first animation and also burns the CPU here. As long as QBJS behaves that way, animation is a "no go" at least for me.
Yes, that was clear from the feedback last time.  That wasn't intended to be a submission or suggestion that bplus' submission be shown in qbjs.
(03-23-2024, 11:17 AM)dbox Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 08:13 AM)RhoSigma Wrote: Problem is, we tried something with animation last time already, and it didn't turn out good for most people as it steals focus and scrolls the animation into the visible Browser area with each new loop. So we finally made it a still image again.

Yes, that was clear from the feedback last time.  That wasn't intended to be a submission or suggestion that bplus' submission be shown in qbjs.

Burning CPU is not as important, many www pages do burn it with tons of animated ads, but those ads usually don't make themself important by directly scrolling into the visible area.

So the question is:
Can QBJS do something against this, or is it a general JavaScript behavior which can't be influenced and which depends on browser implementation, so we just have to live with it?