Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB4PE Spring Banner Contest!
(03-23-2024, 11:49 AM)RhoSigma Wrote: Burning CPU is not as important, many www pages do burn it with tons of animated ads, but those ads usually don't make themself important by directly scrolling into the visible area.

So the question is:
Can QBJS do something against this, or is it a general JavaScript behavior which can't be influenced and which depends on browser implementation, so we just have to live with it?

Yes, there is already an update for this that will prevent grabbing the input focus when running in an iframe.  It will be included in the next release.

What do you guys think?  I was kinda going for the "from morning to night" theme here.  Originally, I liked the little wreath and it just reading "Spring Edition", but somehow it now seems off.  I'm thinking it could use a little addition love -- or perrhaps I should just replace it with our normal logo there in the center?

Maybe the log scaled down and inside the wreath?   I like the morning and night images, but the centerpiece...  I'm just not 100% on ATM.  Big Grin
(03-23-2024, 01:14 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
Maybe the log scaled down and inside the wreath?   I like the morning and night images, but the centerpiece...  I'm just not 100% on ATM.  Big Grin

I think dark on left and light on right, and also flip the dark and light images, their mirrored reflections so the birds are pointed correctly and also blend the 2 image edges in middle with Logo on top so that there isn't big white space in center. Try that. Also I like the other font in Logo.
b = b + ...
(03-23-2024, 08:13 AM)RhoSigma Wrote: Problem is, we tried something with animation last time already, and it didn't turn out good for most people as it steals focus and scrolls the animation into the visible Browser area with each new loop. So we finally made it a still image again.

Just from clicking "Reply" here I see it still does the same. Instead bringing the editor area into the visible space, it immediately scrolls down to the first animation and also burns the CPU here. As long as QBJS behaves that way, animation is a "no go" at least for me.

Would a .gif work? Is there a maximum limit?
b = b + ...
(03-23-2024, 05:24 PM)bplus Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 08:13 AM)RhoSigma Wrote: Problem is, we tried something with animation last time already, and it didn't turn out good for most people as it steals focus and scrolls the animation into the visible Browser area with each new loop. So we finally made it a still image again.

Just from clicking "Reply" here I see it still does the same. Instead bringing the editor area into the visible space, it immediately scrolls down to the first animation and also burns the CPU here. As long as QBJS behaves that way, animation is a "no go" at least for me.

Would a .gif work? Is there a maximum limit?

Probably it would work, but GIF is limited to 256 colors AFAIK. If that's ok for you, then it's an option to try.
ok forum has a 5000 KB limit to download. trying again...
b = b + ...
Half the limit of forum:

Thankyou ezgif.com
b = b + ...
(03-23-2024, 01:03 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
What do you guys think?  I was kinda going for the "from morning to night" theme here.  Originally, I liked the little wreath and it just reading "Spring Edition", but somehow it now seems off.  I'm thinking it could use a little addition love -- or perrhaps I should just replace it with our normal logo there in the center?

Is that for our QB64 Coders Forum, or for your Sewing with Nancy Forum?

My "Spring" is looking better and better!

Pete Big Grin
This is what I had in mind for Steve's:

b = b + ...