Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using color in Draw string
(04-04-2024, 05:42 PM)Dimster Wrote: Terry - I do find your tutorials very very helpful and your suggestion here to Phil sure does help me understand better exactly what the problem is that Phil is running into and the potential solution. The little annoying thing that I'm running into however is leaving my coding and accessing the digital version of reference material,(in which I place your tutorial) or doing a search on this forum for more insight. I'd much prefer (likely I'd be in the minority here) to have a hard copy manual/binder of reference material beside me to lookup stuff while I'm starring at my code. 

Wouldn't it be nice if you and Steve could get together a produce a hard copy of your tutorial and Steve's (almost completed) bible. Place that as one of the items we can buy on this forum site along with the coffee mugs. Just saying.

You can download and offline copy here:

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...t=tutorial

It's really well done and not made by me but instead another member of the forum.

As far as hard copy goes the best I can offer is printing this offline version. Publishing a hard copy version of the tutorial would probably be out of my reach.

Another option is to run a dual screen system. I keep reference material on one screen with the IDE on the other.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Ya Ter, I worked for years on a dual screen - one with the day to day business stuff and the other with the company manuals a/o research papers. You just can't take that 2nd screen to the staff room and have a coffee while you read. I find, true research comes in a binder/book of knowledge and a cup of coffee, with your feet up on a comfy lazy boy. I should send you a photo of the binders I have built up over the years with QBasic and QB64 stuff. But hey, maybe Pete's onto something there - a digital screen on a coffee mug with all you need to know displaying. 

On the other hand, Apple is planning home robots, maybe a robot screen that follows you around.
(04-04-2024, 08:18 PM)Dimster Wrote: Ya Ter, I worked for years on a dual screen - one with the day to day business stuff and the other with the company manuals a/o research papers. You just can't take that 2nd screen to the staff room and have a coffee while you read. I find, true research comes in a binder/book of knowledge and a cup of coffee, with your feet up on a comfy lazy boy. I should send you a photo of the binders I have built up over the years with QBasic and QB64 stuff. But hey, maybe Pete's onto something there - a digital screen on a coffee mug with all you need to know displaying. 

On the other hand, Apple is planning home robots, maybe a robot screen that follows you around.
Perhaps get a used or refurbished iPad on eBay? My wife has a 4th gen iPad that she bought new that is still going strong after all these years (heck, it's got to be close to 10 years now). She uses that thing every single day for reading.

I agree, printed material is the best and I too have amassed a large collection of books and bound printed reference material over the years.

As far as robots go, nope, nope, nope. They'll just be used as snooping tools by manufacturers to sell your data to the marketing scum.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
What we need is robot Marines. Seriously, the Marines came out publicly today to announce the worst results ever in recruitment testing. Even a good number of college applicants failed. Many couldn't read or write. This 'education' system of ours is broken and robbing our youth. No physical education, hell, no real education either. All politicized these days, sickening. Thank goodness The Corps is at least stepping up to sound the alarm.

/ off-topic rant 

Pete
(04-04-2024, 09:29 PM)Pete Wrote: What we need is robot marines. Seriously, the Marines came out publicly today to announce the worst results ever in recruitment testing. Even a good number of college applicants failed. Many couldn't read or right. This 'education" system of ours is broken and robbing our youth. No physical education, hell, no real education either. All politicized these days. Sickening. Thank goodness the Core is at least stepping up to sound the alarm.

/ off-topic rant 

Pete

Maybe you can contact them and see if you can teach you how to right your writes.  Big Grin
(04-04-2024, 09:29 PM)Pete Wrote: What we need is robot marines. Seriously, the Marines came out publicly today to announce the worst results ever in recruitment testing. Even a good number of college applicants failed. Many couldn't read or right. This 'education" system of ours is broken and robbing our youth. No physical education, hell, no real education either. All politicized these days. Sickening. Thank goodness the Core is at least stepping up to sound the alarm.

/ off-topic rant 

Pete

Your quiet rite, Peat! 
Thay dont teech thm the way wee wer tort! Bad speling, gramer and sums are so comen nowerdays!
Bring bak the cain, I say! Then thay'll lern how to rite proper.
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
Well, you know what they say nowadays @PhilOfPerth -- "Spare the child, spoil the Rod!"

Or something like that.
There are times channeling Sam really comes back to bite me in the ASCII. Big Grin 

Pete
(04-04-2024, 09:29 PM)Pete Wrote: Even a good number of college applicants failed. Many couldn't read or right. This 'education' system of ours is broken and robbing our youth.
Looks like the education system left you behind too, or you would have said "Many couldn't read or write."

I find it just delicious irony when someone makes an error when complaining about other people's (lack of) education.

I'm not trying to be mean or pedantic. I just thought it was hilarious. If it hadn't been for the irony, I'd never have said anything.
While 1
   Fix Bugs
   report all bugs fixed
   receive bug report
end while
(04-05-2024, 01:05 AM)TDarcos Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 09:29 PM)Pete Wrote: Even a good number of college applicants failed. Many couldn't read or right. This 'education' system of ours is broken and robbing our youth.
Looks like the education system left you behind too, or you would have said "Many couldn't read or write."

I find it just delicious irony when someone makes an error when complaining about other people's (lack of) education.

I'm not trying to be mean or pedantic. I just thought it was hilarious. If it hadn't been for the irony, I'd never have said anything.

Yeah, he was definately rong about write!  Big Grin
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/