Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Width statement
that says syntax
b = b + ...
(04-05-2024, 11:32 PM)eoredson Wrote:
Quote:in your dreams maybe, where are you getting this idea from?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QB64

From the Wiki:

QB64's syntax is designed to be completely backwards compatible with QuickBASIC.

I didn't write this I only know what I have been told Big Grin
Let me channel Clippy here for a moment:  

WHAT THE FRACK IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN??   WTH WOULD YOU TRUST SOME WIKIPEDIA ARTICIAL OVER OUR OWN WIKI??

LOOK HERE:  https://qb64phoenix.com/qb64wiki/index.p...ed_by_QB64 !@!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:QB64 is meant to be compatible with QB 4.5 or lower versions. PDS (7.1) is not supported. The keywords listed below are currently not supported in QB64. However, older code that uses these keywords won't generate errors, as these are ignored by the compiler.

ALIAS (supported in DECLARE LIBRARY only)
ANY
BYVAL (supported in DECLARE LIBRARY only)
CALLS
CDECL
DATE$ (statement) (reading the current DATE$ is supported)
DECLARE (non-BASIC statement)
DEF FN, EXIT DEF, END DEF (must be reworked into actual FUNCTIONs)
ERDEV, ERDEV$
FILEATTR
FRE
IOCTL, IOCTL$
OPEN with devices like LPT:, CON:, KBRD:, and other devices is not supported. LPRINT and OPEN COM are supported.
ON PEN, PEN (statement), PEN (function)
ON PLAY(n), PLAY(n) ON/OFF/STOP. (PLAY music is supported.)
ON UEVENT, UEVENT (statement)
SETMEM
SIGNAL
TIME$ (statement) (reading the current TIME$ is supported)
TRON, TROFF
WIDTH LPRINT combined statement is not supported.

BY GOLLY, DOES THAT LOOK LIKE QB64 IS CLAIMING TO BE 100$ QB$%-COMPATABLE????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ THE PROPER DOCUMENTATION< STOOOOPID!!

LOL!  And with the ghost of Clippy out of my system, I'd like to share that those are almost 100% the exact words that he shared with me once when I mentioned something about how "DATE$ doesn't work as a command, when the QB45 documentation lists it as a viable way to change the OS Date."  The amount of exclaimation points and screaming caps really drove the point home -- *Sometimes you just need to look at the offical wiki, rather than taking information found elsewhere as gospel." 

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin (Can't forget the row of emojis!)
B.S. Clippy never used the word "Golly" once in his life. Big Grin

I sometimes think both Rob and Fell wanted to change the QB meaning from Quick BASIC to Quit Bitching!

Welcome to QuitBITCHING64. The almost 100% QuickBasic compatible programming language.

VAL() didn't work the same in QBasic vs QB45. I can't recall anymore if there is a difference in QB64, but QB64, I believe, got it right. (I used to remember all this stuff. Now I can't remember where I left my car keys. Oh, they're in the car, where ever the hell I left it???)

Pete

- Visit Clippy online at Clippy's SofaKingdom.com
Quote:[Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] (Can't forget the row of emojis!)
In the name of Clippy (God rest his sorry pitiful soul).

Maybe he should be awarded that many Gold Star Points.

Now checking out, Erik.
(04-06-2024, 03:32 AM)eoredson Wrote:
Quote:[Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] [Image: biggrin.png] (Can't forget the row of emojis!)
In the name of Clippy (God rest his sorry pitiful soul).

Maybe he should be awarded that many Gold Star Points.

Now checking out, Erik.
Did Ted pass away?
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
To quote Steve when folks thought I past away, "No we're not that lucky."

Pete Big Grin